Site collection created using Custom site template are not shown in the Mysite Membership webpart? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created site collection based on custom site template. Have added users to the owners and members group of the created site collection. These sites are not shown in the Mysite Membersip Webpart. The timer jobs User Profile Service - User Profile to SharePoint Full Synchronization
    and User Profile Service - User Profile to SharePoint Quick Synchronization are executing fine.

Site collection created using Custom site template are not shown in the Mysite Membership webpart?

Amalaraja S.A. Fernando Tech Lead. Mphasis Limited.
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Amal, 

Can you check if the Site Members group is actually a "Default" group. You can check that by going into the SharePoint group and marking it as "Default" group. 

Thanks, Mayur Joshi
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Amalaraja,

Thanks for your post.

The Memberships WebPart is available on MySite. Not available on every site template.

You can view the webpart file in the Web Part Gallery in MySite: memberships.dwp

Try to Export the web part from MySite and upload it to the current site, then , the web part will be available for you.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 9:34 AM
  • Are you saying that when you deploy a site based on a custom site template -- that when a user is added as a member to that site, it isn't showing as one of the sites a user is a member of in the web part?

If so, how is the user being granted access to the site?  By being added to a SP group or are they given access through membership in an AD group?

John Ross
    SharePoint Server MVP | Sr. Consultant SharePoint911: SharePoint Consulting
    Blog: http://www.sharepoint911.com/blogs/john
    Twitter: @JohnRossJr

Professional SharePoint 2010 Branding and User Interface Design (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:52 AM
  • @John: Yes when i deploy the site based on a custom site template and add user to the members group of the newly created site then it is not shown in the Mysite Membership webpart.

I am directly adding the AD user to the Site's Members Group.

Monday, June 6, 2011 7:05 PM
  • @Wayne: When i deploy the site based on a custom site template and add user to the members group of the newly created site then the newly created site is not shown in the Mysite Membership webpart.

I am directly adding the AD user to the Site's Members Group.

Monday, June 6, 2011 7:06 PM
  • @John: I also think that the "User Profile Service - User Profile to SharePoint Full Synchronization" is not able to qualify the sites which are built based on Site Template. That might be reason for not showing the sites in the MySite Membership webpart.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
    Amalaraja S.A. Fernando Technical Architect Mphasis Limited.
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:37 PM
  • Hi Amal, 

Can you check if the Site Members group is actually a "Default" group. You can check that by going into the SharePoint group and marking it as "Default" group. 

Thanks, Mayur Joshi
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:44 PM
  • @Mayur: it worked. Thanks for the suggestion :)
    Amalaraja S.A. Fernando Technical Architect Mphasis Limited.
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:57 PM
  • Hi, I'm having the same issue. Where do you check if the Site Members group is actually a "Default" group? Is i from Central Administration? Thanks. 
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:06 PM
  • Hi, I'm having the same issue. Where do you check if the Site Members group is actually a "Default" group? Is i from Central Administration? Thanks. 
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:06 PM