How To Debug Installed App Product Purchase? RRS feed

• Question

• A user has reported an issue with an in-app purchase not working in a Win8.0 Xaml/C# app.  I have noticed the problem as on the release app but can’t reproduce it with the CurrentAppSimulator when debugging.  I can't reproduce it when I deploy the app and debug the code remotely.  How can I debug this issue on the released version of the app –either remotely or locally?

The problem is that the user is reporting that they make an in-app purchase but aren't seeing the functionality that the purchase should provide.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael S. Scherotter
    Principal Architect Evangelist Microsoft Corporation,
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook

Monday, September 2, 2013 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

I'd like to provide some Debugging and testing document   for you to see if they can help you. And I think set breakpoint on "release" mode should also works fine.

There are several differneces between Debug mode and Release Mode, and it seems your problem should locate somewhere in your code, so an optimized action is necessady.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:22 AM
  • These links do not tell me how to debug a package installed from the store - not deployed by Visual Studio.

Please help by answering the question I asked.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael S. Scherotter
    Principal Architect Evangelist Microsoft Corporation,
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook

Friday, September 6, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Hi, Michael. You can start the installed application and "attach to process" or use option "debug installed app package" at DEBUG view at VS. You can track exception but i think that you can't debug code.

Saturday, September 7, 2013 12:09 AM