none
Clarification in VS2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm new to the .Net application development platform. Here i need to create Test Automation application for a Web application using VS2017 Enterprises editions and BDD Specflow frame work. Once the application is created, that application will be using by Manual testers. Can some one clarify, is there any possibility to use Manual tester without buying licences VS2017 Enterprises Edison. 

Thanks in advance...

Sunday, September 15, 2019 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Raja IND,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Could you confirm how the Manual tester to use the developed application?

If the Manual tester needs to open and use VS 2017 enterprise, then a license is required. VS 2017 enterprise can be used for free for 30 days. Signing into the IDE extends the trial period to 90 days. To continue using VS, there are two ways: Using an online subscription and Entering a product key.

If the Manual tester only needs to use the application for testing, then they could use the developed application directly without buying licenses.

Then if you still have any problems, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Eden

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Hi Eden,

Thanks for your clarification.

Manual tester only needs to use the application for testing purpose.

For this scenarios, is it possibility to convert Automation test application into exe file and manual tester can be use without installing VS2017 in their machine.

Thanks,

Monday, September 16, 2019 12:08 PM
  • Hi Raja IND,

Thank you for your update.

I think you can make an application installation package. Then the Manual tester can install it and use the application, so don't need to install VS 2017.

You can find it in "other project types" in order to create exe file for an application. You can refer to this link.

Best regards,

Eden

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Hi Raja IND,

Sorry for disturb you!

Do you have any update? If my reply not works, please feel free to let us know, we will help you research it again. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Eden

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:15 AM