How to display row labels more than 1 column wide, i.e. say 2 or 3 sister fields at the same hiarchy level RRS feed

• Question

• Say my PivotTable has Month as column lables across the top row, Salesperson as row lables running down the leftmost column and the intersecting value cells display Sales totals.

Totally straightforward up to this point, but now say alongside my Salesperson column I'd like to add some additional columns such as Title, Salary Grade, Home Address, all of which don't need to be repeated as additional child rows under each parent Salesperson row.

Any additional fields I move to the Row Lables box are automatically tucked underneath each other in a hiarchy. How can I pivot them up to 1 new column for each field?

HomeCookN
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:20 PM

Answers

• HomeCookN

To have multiple columns, you just in one of the cells of your pivottable, next click your right mouse button and select Pivottable Options... in the context menu, this will open a form with tabs. Click on the tab Display and tag the checkbox Classic Pivottable layout.

To repeat the items of row label click on a cell of the desired column, next click your right mouse button and select Field Settings... in the context menu, this will open a form. Click on the tab Layout & Print of this form and tag the checkbox Repeat item labels.

If you want to create a PowerPivottable with a classical layout (separate columns for each row label) the click the menu item PowerPivot (see ribbon), next click ribbonbutton Pivottable and choose Flattened Pivottable. This will avoid the previous actions as described for an existing PowerPivottable.

Eddy Nijs
    • Marked as answer by HomeCookN Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:03 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:32 PM

All replies

• HomeCookN

To have multiple columns, you just in one of the cells of your pivottable, next click your right mouse button and select Pivottable Options... in the context menu, this will open a form with tabs. Click on the tab Display and tag the checkbox Classic Pivottable layout.

To repeat the items of row label click on a cell of the desired column, next click your right mouse button and select Field Settings... in the context menu, this will open a form. Click on the tab Layout & Print of this form and tag the checkbox Repeat item labels.

If you want to create a PowerPivottable with a classical layout (separate columns for each row label) the click the menu item PowerPivot (see ribbon), next click ribbonbutton Pivottable and choose Flattened Pivottable. This will avoid the previous actions as described for an existing PowerPivottable.

Eddy Nijs
    • Marked as answer by HomeCookN Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:03 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:32 PM
  • Perfect reply Eddy! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out!
    HomeCookN
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:03 PM