none
VB.Net Calendar Control looks Corrupted RRS feed

• Question

• This App was working but something has changed VS2017 update or Windows 10 update,  in any case using just the standard DateTimePicker and other apps work fine but for some reason this project the calendar control looks corrupted.  if I take the compiled app to another PC it looks fine.   thoughts?   

DateTimePicker1.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Custom
            DateTimePicker1.CustomFormat = "MM/dd/yyyy"

DateTimePicker2.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Time
            DateTimePicker2.ShowUpDown = True

Work Smarter Not Harder

Saturday, June 3, 2017 9:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Where is a problematic control?

Please specify where/which control(s) is(are) corrupted?
    • Edited by Ashidacchi Sunday, June 4, 2017 3:52 AM
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 3:50 AM
  • What setting do you have for XP Visual Styles. Try changing it. The system you are on is different. When I uncheck it then my data time picker changes as you show. Win 7. VS 2015.

• Marked as answer by jimbrown.net Sunday, June 4, 2017 7:29 PM
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 10:31 AM
  • What setting do you have for XP Visual Styles. Try changing it. The system you are on is different. When I uncheck it then my data time picker changes as you show. Win 7. VS 2015.

I did try that,  still same issue. 

Work Smarter Not Harder

• Marked as answer by jimbrown.net Sunday, June 4, 2017 6:49 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by jimbrown.net Sunday, June 4, 2017 7:29 PM
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 2:05 PM
  • Hi,

Where is a problematic control?

Please specify where/which control(s) is(are) corrupted?

Work Smarter Not Harder

Sunday, June 4, 2017 2:06 PM

Work Smarter Not Harder

Then it must be a dpi difference between the systems. ie one is set at 125 dpi in control panel.

And or this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/desktop/dn469266.aspx

Tell us what the OS and graphics display is for the two systems.

Sunday, June 4, 2017 4:14 PM

Work Smarter Not Harder

Then it must be a dpi difference between the systems. ie one is set at 125 dpi in control panel.

And or this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/desktop/dn469266.aspx

Tell us what the OS and graphics display is for the two systems.

Originally It was default,  but have tried unchecking XP visual styles.  as well as my DPI is 125% I tried changing that as well.  System is Windows 10 Video Card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000.   Note if I create a new project and put a calendar control it displays correctly.  but If I add a calendar control to this one it's the same issue.  the app was created sometime ago and worked but now does not. 

Work Smarter Not Harder

Sunday, June 4, 2017 5:35 PM
  • Jim,

I see. Well I have slight memories but nothing better exactly.

If no one answers you might try in the Visual Studio forum as this will happen in c# etc as it seems to be a setup thing.

Its one of those monitor dpi things. Seems you can just set something in the app config for monitor dpi but I don't recall. Seems something about this control too. And maybe win 10.

Razerz??? Didnt this come up recently??

PS the image you show does not have XP styles enabled.

Sunday, June 4, 2017 5:45 PM
  • Jim,

I don't know it still sounds like xp styles is not enabled.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43397219/datetimepicker-garbled-after-windows-10-creators-update

Sunday, June 4, 2017 6:03 PM
  • Jim,

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43397219/datetimepicker-garbled-after-windows-10-creators-update

I enabled and disabled and re-enabled and then it started to work. does not make since but it's working. thank you.

Work Smarter Not Harder

• Marked as answer by jimbrown.net Sunday, June 4, 2017 6:48 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by jimbrown.net Sunday, June 4, 2017 7:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by jimbrown.net Sunday, June 4, 2017 7:39 PM
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 6:48 PM
  • Jim,

I enabled and disabled and re-enabled and then it started to work. does not make since but it's working. thank you.

Work Smarter Not Harder

Huh.. and you marked your own 2 posts as the answers.  You should mark Tom`s post(s) as the answer(s) if his suggestions in his posts helped fix it.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Sunday, June 4, 2017 7:08 PM
  • Razerz??? Didnt this come up recently??

I remember a few about text being fuzzy looking because of dpi scaling settings but,  this looks more like something to do with the XP Styles.  I thought that was what it was at first until i saw the text in the DTP`s where screwed up.  Then i was not sure if it was or not.  Sounds like it was if turning it off/on seemed to set things back right again.  8)

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Sunday, June 4, 2017 7:12 PM