none
Issues with promo purchases under windows phone 8.1? RRS feed

• Question

• Our users are experiencing some issues when trying to update their app to the windows phone 8.1 version.
    Since there are currently some issues with durable IAP products, maybe this issue is related.

Some of our users got our "Runtastic" app during a promotion. They are not able to update to the WP8.1 version and also can not re-install the app. 
    As a user I experienced this issue myself with the "8.1 HD Tiles", I can see the app within the store app listed in my apps.
    When I try to install it, i get a store error with error code: 80004005.

We already contacted the store support and were told to try to increase the version number, b
    ut we are also in contact with the developers of "8.1 HD Tiles" which updated their apps multiple times and that did not fix the problem.

Maybe a Microsoft employee can tell us, if this is an known issue or if it is related to the current IAP issues.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:05 AM

All replies

• Ya,

Exactly the same, If the free apps becomes paid then this error comes in the store for the existing users. Not for the new users. New users can automatically download this without any issues. Its all with the old users. They cannot able to update the apps they have got like Runtastic Pro and 8.1 HD Tiles when it was free.

Microsoft should fix this issue in Windows Phone 8.1 as soon as possible.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:31 AM
  • Same here with runtustic pro.

German and english Store tested, same problem.

EDIT:
    Other people with the same problem: http://www.pocketpc.ch/windows-phone-8-apps/216452-fehler-80004005-a.html

Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:57 PM
  • same here.waiting for a proper and fast solution from Microsoft side.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:55 PM
  • same here....Microsoft DO something please. We are waiting alread for a few MONTH :(
    Thursday, November 27, 2014 1:36 PM
  • Any news already? Same Runtastic issue here...
    Sunday, January 4, 2015 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

Some users reported exactly the same problem with my app Week View.

Seems that this problem occurs when users bought an app when it was free (as part of a promotion) and the price of the app was set to it's normal value at the end of the promotion.

This problem exists for more the 1/2 year now.
    Can someone from MS finally fix this?!

Users reported me that MS support told them to contact the developer.
    Can someone from MS support please comment this.

How should a developer fix a marketplace issue?
    Should I set the price of my app to "free" temporary to fix this or will it make the problem even worse since more users will install the app for free and have a problem after I change it back to the normal price again?

@ChrisKa: How did you "fix" this problem?

best regards,
    Hannes

• Edited by HannesBiri Monday, March 2, 2015 7:53 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 7:52 AM
  • Hi,

we still have no fix for that issue. I will try to escalate this issue further, in the meanwhile please tell your users to up-vote this issue.

Thx
    Monday, May 4, 2015 12:47 PM