deployment/install mobile app in win 8 phone or win 7 phone [not emulator App run] can done after compile from VM win 8.1?

Question

• deployment/install mobile app in win 8 phone or win 7 phone [not emulator App run] can done after compile from VM win 8.1? 
    Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:31 PM

All replies

• If I understand your message, you've got your Windows Phone development environment running in a VM.  You built your app there and generated the XAP file there, and want to publish it.  Your question is whether this XAP will be valid for installation.

Although I haven't done this, I can't see why this would not work.  Submit it for certification and see what the result is...let us know.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 1:35 AM
  • Yes, it will run the same way. create the xap and deploy or send it for certification.

Happy deploying

Regards

Rallea

Sunday, January 5, 2014 2:22 PM
  • I believe the question was how to deploy to a phone from a VM. It should be possible. What VM software are you using? Most VM systems have USB passthrough features to allow a virtual machine to directly use hardware USB ports. Is the phone unlocked? If not, you must first developer unlock the phone (also from the VM unless you have another machine that can do it).

The xap file itself built by Visual Studio can be copied another computer and deployed to a phone from there (the computer must have WP SDK installed). 

Sunday, January 5, 2014 6:48 PM
  • Mac os x 9 with win 8.1 PARALLELS VM...

THIS FILE XAP CAN CAN EXECUTED/INSTALLED FROM A WIN PHONE 7 or 8? 

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:49 PM
  • Three people have answered your vaguely worded sentence/question. Do any of them answer you question? Have you tried what has been suggested? If none of the suggestions help, take time to write your question in more than one sentence and state exactly what isn't working for you.
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 12:35 AM
  • for my win PC

To develop for win phone 7 [phonegap] needed absolutely install visual studio and emulator [what install for a win 7 PC - 4 core i5 win7 64bit 16GB ram to run ide and emulator only for phone development?] or build.phonegap.com build service is enough?

to develop for win phone 8 can upgrade this PC OS to win 8 os?

Friday, January 10, 2014 8:19 PM
  • You still haven't responded to suggestions made by three people who took time to answer you. Instead you are asking different questions. Your newest questions are about requirements which you can find on the web sites of the products you are trying to use. You also ask whether your PC can be upgraded...something you need to research and decide/try. Good luck!
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 12:20 AM
  • Mac os x 9 with win 8.1 PARALLELS VM...

THIS FILE XAP CAN CAN EXECUTED/INSTALLED FROM A WIN PHONE 7 or 8? 

yes
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:09 AM