ReportViewer displays report in portrait by default RRS feed

• Question

• User1391537864 posted

Hi, I'm using VS2008 and SSRS 2008 R2 and server-side report, we run into an issue with the native Report Viewer seems to always display the report in portrait, but when printing it prints in the correct orientation of the report as it's designed. The problem is that in the report viewer it shows a different number of pages than when it prints. For example if the report is designed in landscape, the report viewer will say the report has 4 pages (because it displays in portrait), but when printed the report is actually 9 pages (because it's landscape). Is there a way to set the report viewer to display the report in the orientation of the report as it's designed?

Thank you.

Monday, November 15, 2010 2:38 PM

All replies

• User-197928227 posted

Report Viewer Properties and Set the Orientiation

Monday, November 15, 2010 4:22 PM
  • User-8554525 posted

open the report file in the Visual studio.

go to Report in tool bar

click on report options

goto Layout tab.

here is the report size that you can set. Change the Page Width and Page Height to whatever you want to!!!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:32 AM
  • User1391537864 posted

Sorry maybe I was unclear, I need to have the ReportViewer show the report in the report's orientation (in run time, dynamically). We have a number of reports, and each report is designed to be either landscape or portrait, but when viewing in the ReportViewer it seems to always display the reports in portrait, even for the landscape reports. Whena landscape report is displayed in the ReportViewer, each page of the report has a lot more data than when the report is printed,  therefore the total # of pages shown in the ReportViewer toolbar is incorrect for the landscape reports compared to when the report is printed.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:49 PM
  • User1391537864 posted

Hummmm, no one has run into the same issue? I searched the web up and down and I can't find a solution. My reports printed fine in the orientation as designed, but when viewing using the ReportViewer that's when it seems to always show the report in portrait, even for landscape reports. Is this a VS2008 and SSRS 2008 issue?

Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:12 PM
  • User-1759305403 posted

Hi there

I have same issue with local report. So it seem to be VS2008 issue.
    Don't know the fix either.

Friday, November 19, 2010 3:54 AM
  • User1391537864 posted

Thank you, I just thought there maybe more people having the same issue, does anyone know if VS2010 (ReportViewer 2010) fixes the issue?

I'm posting my entire report viewer's web page here and as you can see it's very simple:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="MyReportViewer.aspx.cs" Inherits="MyReportViewer" %>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Report Viewer</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="frmReportViewer" runat="server">
            <div style="overflow:visible; margin-top:10px; background-color:#FFFFFF; width:1000px;">
                <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="rvReport" runat="server" ProcessingMode="Remote" ShowExportControls="false" AsyncRendering="false" SizeToReportContent="true" ZoomMode="FullPage" Height="100%" Width="100%">
                    <ServerReport ReportPath="" ReportServerUrl="" />
                </rsweb:ReportViewer>
            </div>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>

Friday, November 19, 2010 12:32 PM
  • User243429361 posted

I know this is an old post, but wanted to add a possible solution to this problem...

Make sure Quirks Mode is enabled in IE. My reports would load as landscape but as soon as it finished loading, would shrink down to a portrait width. Had IE in Standards Mode, switched over to Quirks, and it works.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:27 PM