none
Kinect for Windows V2: .NET/WPF documentation RRS feed

• Question

• hi everybody,

i'm developing a Kinect v2.0 application in WPF/.NET.

after v1.8, i can't find API documentation for WPF.

the documentation should exist, according to this page:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn782033.aspx

but i can't find that documentation.

it seems that WPF documentation is hard to find also in this other post:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/902d7e41-da06-4015-adee-df33b9f44f52/where-can-i-find-the-net-api-reference-documentation-for-the-kinect-for-windows-sdk-20?forum=kinectv2sdk&prof=required

from which it appears that .NET/WPF and Windows Runtime documentations are mixed together under the same Windows Runtime APIs repository, but i don't understand how to distinguish what is for .NET/WPF and what not.

is there any clear source of .NET/WPF documentation?

P.S.: i need to use WPF because my application must work in background and communicate through UDP to localhost, and this is not easy to manage with Windows Runtime apps.

Thanks

Simone

Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Simone

You have the links in the post you mention. In the API docs you can find a box with three different tabs: Javascript (for WinRT), C# (for WPF) and C++.

I would have a look at the SDK samples (ColorBasics-WPF is a pretty simple one) to get started.

If you give an example of something you are looking for maybe I could point how to find it in the docummentation and that would help you to figure out how to work with it.

Monday, March 7, 2016 11:33 AM
  • thank you jmmroldan,

i've seen the C# tab, but with C# you can program both WPF and WinRT.

this doesn't mean that APIs written for WinRT / C# application will work also on WPF / C# application. or it will?

thanks,

Simone

Monday, March 7, 2016 12:24 PM
  • I have not used WinRT (only WPF) but I think the Kinect API is essentially the same for both WinRT and WPF. I also remember some comments about this in the video tutorials (have you watched them? really useful).

Again, for me it is difficult to help in this "abstract way". It will be easier if you let us know about some classes you are trying to use and you can't find in the docummentation. If you are expecting to use the docummentation as a "starting point" for Kinect programming I think you will find it difficult.

Monday, March 7, 2016 3:58 PM