none
Deployment issues -- Cannot Connect to On Premise SharePoint site protected by SSO

Question

• In Visual Studio 2015 (ENT) I am trying to deploy a SharePoint App (On Premise) to a server that expects SSO Authentication.  The error I receive is "Cannot contact site at the specified URL https://XXXXXX".  Which would make sense as I am not prompted to authenticate with SSO as part of connecting/tunneling into the server in order for it to deploy to it. 

I have all the appropriate authorizations within SharePoint Site Collection and App Catalog... This isn't an authorizations issue... But rather allowing Visual Studio to understand that it needs to log me into the site before it can deploy.

I am wondering is there a way to have Visual Studio understand that the site its trying to deploy to expects me to log in prior to Visual Studio having the ability to create its connection?   (logging into a browser prior to Visual Studio deploy doesn't work either...)

Thank you in advance

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike (Outlook),

>> I am wondering is there a way to have Visual Studio understand that the site its trying to deploy to expects me to log in prior to Visual Studio having the ability to create its connection?  

Could you please provide the detailed steps about how do you deploy your SharePoint App to help us reproduce this issue in our side?

As far as I know, I don't find any settings in Visual Studio to let it recognize the authorization information before deploy the app.

And I think this issue more related to deploy SharePoint, I suggest you post this issue to SharePoint forum to check whether the SharePoint experts could provide any suggestion for this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 07, 2016 8:31 AM