none
Problem with ReportViewer export into TXT (Pipe Delimited) format RRS feed

• Question

• We're exporting reports to TXT (Pipe Delimited) files.  

The reports are being run in a ReportViewer control in a 4.0 framework web app.

Everything is working smoothly except for one little detail;  In all such cases the exported text file has two blank lines at the end.  

(There's no visible abnormalities when the query is run in SSMS, just a routine set of rows.)

I have to assume this is some sort of ReportViewer bug.  Has anyone else noticed this? Any fix for this?

• Moved by Barry Wang Friday, November 1, 2013 9:48 AM Report View problem.
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:05 PM

All replies

• That sounds like it's a bug with how you're exporting the results.  What are you using to export to the TXT file?  You'd need to show that code.

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com - If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post. If you find a post helpful, please click Vote as Helpful.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:16 PM
  • That's just it.  What code?  It's exporting via the Report Viewer's built-in export capability (unless I'm missing a configuration somewhere.)  As far as I know there is no custom code involved.

(Also I've just found out that I have the exact same problem with byte[] arrays returned from the ReportExecution2005 web service.  We don't do anything to the array ourselves. We just export it via stream to a file.  The array has those extra line characters, 13 and 10, in it the moment it's returned.)

• Edited by B. Chernick Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:15 PM updated information
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:44 PM