none
Sony Vegas pro 9 .net framework RRS feed

• Question

• When i open Sony Vegas Pro 9 i get the signal: an error occurred during the currect operation, The Microsoft .NET runtime could not be initialized.

Details,

Failed to initialize the common language runtime engine.  Please install the .NET Framework (download is available from Windows Update).

I already reinstalled 3.5 .net framework but didn't work. And i have 3.0 2.0 1.1 etc.

Please can anyone help me ?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:15 PM

Answers

• You mean the .NET Framework Configuration Tool?  You really shouldn't have to mess with that, and your error doesn't sound like a security issue on executing the program, it's simply not finding the framework runtime.

First of all, rule out the fact that it might be Sony Vegas Pro 9 and not the framework:

I found a website that has a tool to test if you have 3.5 installed.  All it is, is a single EXE that pulls up a 3.5 calendar program that would only work if you have 3.5 correctly installed.

http://www.pindersoft.com/dotnettest.htm

If that test program works then it must be some something to do with Vegas Pro.

Tom Overton
    • Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Monday, September 26, 2011 8:18 AM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:33 PM
  • Hi,

You can use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide to verify the installation state of one or more versions of the .NET Framework on a computer.  It will verify the presence of files, directories, registry keys and values for the .NET Framework.  It will also verify that simple applications that use the .NET Framework can be run correctly.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 19, 2011 8:44 AM

All replies

• Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-C6J3R-BGX98-Q87XM
    Windows Product Key Hash: S6EeNEBj3PTMtA+vdsSt7uCI0Xk=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7318333-68496
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6001.2.00010300.1.0.003
    ID: {7364DC5E-28B2-4A99-8C9F-57DFAC2FA1CE}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6001.vistasp1_gdr.101014-0432
    TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 
    Resolution Status: N/A
    Some Extra info.
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:24 PM
  • The .NET Framework 3.5 must have not installed correctly for some reason.  

Try to do a repair on it.  Find your .NET framework 3.5 install exe and do this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160

I haven't tried any of the cleanup tools, but you might try those as well to clean up a corrupted install before trying to reinstall:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx

Tom Overton
    • Edited by Tom_Overton Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:33 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:29 PM
  • I reinstalled it but still didn't it work.

But i failed to do the security thing of 3.5 so maybe thats the point why it doesn't work... Can it be that?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:47 PM
  • You mean the .NET Framework Configuration Tool?  You really shouldn't have to mess with that, and your error doesn't sound like a security issue on executing the program, it's simply not finding the framework runtime.

First of all, rule out the fact that it might be Sony Vegas Pro 9 and not the framework:

I found a website that has a tool to test if you have 3.5 installed.  All it is, is a single EXE that pulls up a 3.5 calendar program that would only work if you have 3.5 correctly installed.

http://www.pindersoft.com/dotnettest.htm

If that test program works then it must be some something to do with Vegas Pro.

Tom Overton
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:33 PM
  • Hi,

You can use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide to verify the installation state of one or more versions of the .NET Framework on a computer.  It will verify the presence of files, directories, registry keys and values for the .NET Framework.  It will also verify that simple applications that use the .NET Framework can be run correctly.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 19, 2011 8:44 AM
  • I have the same error, did u ever find a fix for it? if so what?
    Friday, October 28, 2011 9:37 PM