none
Difference between "4.5.2" and "Version=v4.5.2" RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to open my solution in Visual Studio 2015 Update 1, I get the message as on below screenshot. I have installed ".NET Framework 4.5.2", but not ".NETFramework, Version=v4.5.2". Should I switch my projects to "4.5.2" or rather download "Version=v4.5.2"? Could somebody explain the difference between these versions of .NETFramework. I am confused.

Prompt to switch from

• Edited by Waldek Nowak Wednesday, December 30, 2015 10:24 AM grammar correction
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hello Waldek Nowak,

Based on my understanding it should be the same. I'm not so clear why you get this message. When you download the targeting pack, where it redirect you to download the package? This page:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42637 ?

Maybe this is related to target framework.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Hello Barry,

Thank you for your response. I have installed .NET 4.6 and switched all project to .NET 4.6. I cannot reproduce this problem anymore. The problem does not exist on .NET 4.6. Despite weird message presented, I think nobody is now interested in solving this problem. You can forget it.

Regards,

Waldek

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 1:16 PM
  • @Waldek,

OK, if you still have any problem when using .NET 4.6, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:52 AM