Metro UI/Explorer.exe Crashing/looping

Question

• Anyone else run into this issue?  I'm reinstalling Windows now because I couldn't fix it.  Basically it would boot up, load Metro UI crash to desktop, bring up Metro UI again, crash, Metro, and so on.

Before I had disabled services I know should be safe (been disabling since the days of XP).

Checked Event Log and there are errors showing Explorer crashing and starting.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:25 PM

Answers

• I found that disabling the IP Helper service did it for me.  Keeping that at Automatic would stop the crash loop.
    • Marked as answer by Michael Zavala Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:58 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:54 PM

All replies

• I am definitely having this same issue.  I has happened to me a few times when I was trying out the apps,  which I did not know how to close so I tried force closing the with the task manager which got me in the loop thing.
    • Edited by AliasBane Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:45 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:45 PM
  • mine crashed a few times. crashed on me about 4 times.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:50 PM
  • Mine would usually only crash if im copying files then hitting "Stop" two times in a row. Other than that mine works. During the installation (the first time you installed it) did it give you any errors? 
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:00 PM
  • I found that disabling the IP Helper service did it for me.  Keeping that at Automatic would stop the crash loop.
    • Marked as answer by Michael Zavala Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:58 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:54 PM