none
Buttons in Navigation Control Pages RRS feed

• Question

• I have inherited a form that contains a Navigation Control with Multiple Pages.  Each page contains command buttons that open different reports.  I would like to add another command button to this group.  How do I do this?

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, these buttons are not on a separate form which is in turn in the navigation control page.  Nor have I found anyway to group them together.  The problem right now is this: my newly created command button is not linked to a specific page -- instead it stays in the same place, despite changing pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:00 PM

Answers

• The trick with the navigation control is to NOT use design mode, but layout mode

(in fact you must use layout to insert the form or report).

When you drag + drop into the navigation system, you need to allow the built in "layout control" to insert the form.

Take CAREFUL note of the orange line that appears when using layout controls.

It looks like this:

nav1

In effect you dropping the form on top of that add button, but take CAREFULL note that the orange insert line is in the correct position (just below the last button).  If you drag the mouse too far, then you see this:

toofar

In the above, I am now attempting to add another form, and I dragged too far - orange insert line is wrong place.

So, how the insrrting works is really much centred around the new layout control system. This system takes some learning, but once you get the hang of it, you prefer it over previous versions for most work and not just for the new nav control system.

Albert D. Kallal  (Access MVP)
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada

• Marked as answer by Ar1sto15le Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:17 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:42 AM

All replies

• The trick with the navigation control is to NOT use design mode, but layout mode

(in fact you must use layout to insert the form or report).

When you drag + drop into the navigation system, you need to allow the built in "layout control" to insert the form.

Take CAREFUL note of the orange line that appears when using layout controls.

It looks like this:

nav1

In effect you dropping the form on top of that add button, but take CAREFULL note that the orange insert line is in the correct position (just below the last button).  If you drag the mouse too far, then you see this:

toofar

In the above, I am now attempting to add another form, and I dragged too far - orange insert line is wrong place.

So, how the insrrting works is really much centred around the new layout control system. This system takes some learning, but once you get the hang of it, you prefer it over previous versions for most work and not just for the new nav control system.

Albert D. Kallal  (Access MVP)
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada

• Marked as answer by Ar1sto15le Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:17 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:42 AM
  • Thank you very much Albert.  Using Layout view did the trick  -- I thought that I had tried that before asking the question, but apparently not well enough.  Thanks again.
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:18 PM