No Control of Meeting in Outlook After Creating Meeting Through EWS API RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on developing a system where users could book rooms directly from a terminal outside of the room. However upon testing the system, while it seemed to book the room just fine and says that I am the organizer it appears that I have absolute zero rights to do anything with the meeting.

I am not able to cancel, or even respond to the meeting for that matter. I followed the code in the docs for "Create a meeting by using the EWS Managed API", and for the service I passed in the user's credentials. 

service.Credentials = New WebCredentials(credUser, pass)
    service.TraceEnabled = True
    service.TraceFlags = TraceFlags.All
    service.AutodiscoverUrl(credEmail, AddressOf RedirectionUrlValidationCallback)
    Dim meeting As Appointment = New Appointment(service)
    ' Set the properties on the meeting object to create the meeting.
    meeting.Subject = "Booked From Console"
    meeting.Body = "Booked From Console"
    meeting.Start = startTime
    meeting.End = endTime
    meeting.Location = Name
    meeting.Resources.Add(room)
    ' Save the meeting to the Calendar folder And send the meeting request.
    meeting.Save(SendInvitationsMode.SendToAllAndSaveCopy)

I'm not sure if there is something that I missed to give the right permissions.

Any assistance with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:09 PM

All replies

• Which copy of the Meeting are you trying to modify?, eg if your try to modify the copy stored in the Meeting Room then that would be the expected behavior. The only modifiable Appointment object is the one in the stored in the Organizers Calendar.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:36 PM