none
Run Windows 10 IoT Enterprise on VM RRS feed

• Question

• I have an industrial PC running Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, running SCADA Control. Should this device fail, can I spin this OS up on a Server VM for a short period?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:37 AM

Answers

• Windows 10 IoT Enterprise can run in a VM. Sounds like you want to run a backup. There is a question of licensing and what the Microsoft agreement allows. You should contact your Microsoft distributor for clarification backup options.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers enterprise manageability and security to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other industries. 

So, I think you can spin OS up on a Server VM.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:37 AM
  • Windows 10 IoT Enterprise can run in a VM. Sounds like you want to run a backup. There is a question of licensing and what the Microsoft agreement allows. You should contact your Microsoft distributor for clarification backup options.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 2:46 PM