The files '/App_Code/BLL/Locations.cs' and '/App_Code/BLL/SiteSettings.vb' use a different language, RRS feed

• Question

• User-1256279952 posted
     I am install Classifieds Kit and on home page I see error below.. any help?

Server Error in '/' Application.

The files '/App_Code/BLL/Locations.cs' and '/App_Code/BLL/SiteSettings.vb' use a different language, which is not allowed since they need to be compiled together.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The files '/App_Code/BLL/Locations.cs' and '/App_Code/BLL/SiteSettings.vb' use a different language, which is not allowed since they need to be compiled together.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The files '/App_Code/BLL/Locations.cs' and '/App_Code/BLL/SiteSettings.vb' use a different language, which is not allowed since they need to be compiled together.]
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() +957
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() +29
       System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +384
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +125
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +525
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +448

[HttpException (0x80004005): The files '/App_Code/BLL/Locations.cs' and '/App_Code/BLL/SiteSettings.vb' use a different language, which is not allowed since they need to be compiled together.]
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +57
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +612
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +456

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3426855
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +149

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:32 PM

All replies

• User209709384 posted
    Looks like you are trying to use C# and VB and according to the error message you cannot do that
    Thursday, June 1, 2006 8:27 AM
  • User-1256279952 posted
    it is strange.. I am upload C# microsoft example from microsoft.com
    Thursday, June 1, 2006 6:57 PM
  • User1276854165 posted

Dear Gp,

Try move the .js (JavaScript) file to the root project. I had the same problem.

Best.

Eduardo Francell

Friday, July 7, 2006 8:57 PM
  • User-83494662 posted

I'm facing same problem. What's solution.

Saturday, December 6, 2008 4:59 AM