Administrator password provided must match the Administrator password of the host RRS feed

• Question

• So i am doing a fresh install, removed the old cloudbuilder and extracted a fresh one and re-ran the script from Azurestack_SupportFiles.  

Trying to run the first command  

"

cd C:\CloudDeployment\Setup 
     $adminpass = ConvertTo-SecureString "〈LOCAL_ADMIN_PASSWORD〉" -AsPlainText -Force 
     .\InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 -AdminPassword $adminpass -UseADFS

"

and i get ,  

PS C:\CloudDeployment\Setup>  .\InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 -AdminPassword $adminpass -UseADFS
    >>  $adminpass = ConvertTo-SecureString "<LOCAL_ADMIN_PASSWORD>" -AsPlainText -Force
    >> cd C:\CloudDeployment\Setup
    VERBOSE: InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 -AdminPassword System.Security.SecureString -UseADFS True
    VERBOSE: Validating input parameters.
    The Administrator password provided must match the Administrator password of the host.
    At C:\CloudDeployment\Setup\DeploySingleNode.ps1:321 char:13
    +             throw $LocalizedData.AdministratorPasswordMustMatchHost
    +             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (The Administrat...rd of the host.:String) [], RuntimeException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : The Administrator password provided must match the Administrator password of the host.

Friday, April 7, 2017 9:21 AM

Answers

• I was typing in the same password, it worked before, im not sure why it wasn't this time.

Anyway i found out and did it that way, just ran  .\InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 -UseADFS 

and then i was prompted to enter password.

Friday, April 7, 2017 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The error shown because you don't input the same password between POC Machine and InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 script.

I suggest you to use interactive mode, see below:

PS C:\CloudDeployment\Setup> .\InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 -UseADFS

cmdlet InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    AdminPassword:

Type the password same as Administrator account (azurestackadmin) in POC Machine.

Do you have a DHCP Server in your environment?

• Edited by awankinton Friday, April 7, 2017 9:53 AM
    Friday, April 7, 2017 9:52 AM
  • I was typing in the same password, it worked before, im not sure why it wasn't this time.

Anyway i found out and did it that way, just ran  .\InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 -UseADFS 

and then i was prompted to enter password.

Friday, April 7, 2017 12:55 PM
  • Strange that I am also facing same issue in-spite of providing correct Administrator password. So I have installed Azure stack instance on windows server 2016 and logged in using same administrator password. Now when I am trying to provide same password while running InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 script I am encountered with same error. Please suggest what could be the reason.

Also I have tried resetting the password still got same error. Any help will be appreciated.

Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:19 AM