none
how to use custom Actions Pane Control in excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone!

I hope i'm in right place.
    I've prepared a Actions Pane Control with button & check boxs etc and it works perfect. but for it to work on other computer i believe the user will have to install this thing i have prepared using VS 2010. 

My question here is how can i share this file?
    I basically want to use Actions Pane Control pane.. Is there a way for me to like add a reference to this file? or using some code...

Regards & Regards
    Pedie

P.S: Kindly move this thread to right forum in case this is not the right place...
    Thanks again

Pedie [MS Office 2007]

Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Pedie

Your starting point is this post pinned at the top of the VSTO forum:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/1666d2b0-a4d0-41e8-ad86-5eab3542de1e

It outlines the requirements for deploying the various kinds of VSTO solution. Look for the version of Visual Studio (VSTO) you're using and the version of Office, then follow the links for instructions.

Simplest would be the ClickOnce approach.

Please note that it's not possible to simply "share" a VSTO document with other users. VSTO is more than just the document and the solution must be properly installed.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

• Proposed as answer by Leo_GaoModerator Tuesday, October 2, 2012 3:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pedie Nz Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:42 AM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Pedie

Your starting point is this post pinned at the top of the VSTO forum:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/1666d2b0-a4d0-41e8-ad86-5eab3542de1e

It outlines the requirements for deploying the various kinds of VSTO solution. Look for the version of Visual Studio (VSTO) you're using and the version of Office, then follow the links for instructions.

Simplest would be the ClickOnce approach.

Please note that it's not possible to simply "share" a VSTO document with other users. VSTO is more than just the document and the solution must be properly installed.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

• Proposed as answer by Leo_GaoModerator Tuesday, October 2, 2012 3:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pedie Nz Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:42 AM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 1:32 PM
  • Cindy, thank a lot for confirming that for me and for providing me the link. I'm sure that's gonna help me.
    Now let me try on of it and will be back for more in the near furture... :)

Thanks & Regards
    Pedie

Pedie [MS Office 2010]

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:44 AM