none
Sharepoint List- Add New Item Form on a Seperate Page

Question

• Hello. Hope this question isn't repetitive, but I have tried all answers found and still am unable to get the desired solution.

Here's the goal: I have a list, with about 9 columns that need to be filled out by users, like an application. I want there to be a page where a "Add New Item" form is the only object on the page, with only the text boxes and choice selections visible. I also do not want the users to be able to view the list's data, just fill out the form and hit submit.

I've created the list without issue, and can access a "new item" form without issue by click +new item as usual. I am having trouble adding it to a separate page, and tried the following. First, using the default Add Item page:

• Created a new ASPX page via SPD and used the Insert New Item Form menu to add the form. Unfortunately when accessing this page via browser only 3 of the form items are displayed 
    • Creating new wiki page and tried to use the Insert New Item Form Menu. Despite it not being greyed out, clicking it doesn't add anything to the page
    • Tried embedding the ASPX page via Page Viewer webpart, which predictably only displayed the 3 items visible on the ASPX page

Then I followed the directions at: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-custom-list-form-using-SharePoint-Designer-917d8fdb-ee00-4441-adb3-a94612d1d105?CorrelationId=a15adb9f-6370-4868-af3f-fc0f9643006f&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&ocmsassetID=HA010378258. Created a custom Add Item form, and then tried the above again without any improvement.

Ideally I'd like to be able to add it as a Web Part to a generic Wiki type page, where only the New Item Form is visible.

Please let me know whatever steps I'm missing or the best way to go about this. I'm using SharePoint online via Office 365, and SharePoint Designer 2013 FYI

Thank you in advance for the help; this is a huge obstacle to my project

• Edited by lev04 Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:39 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:36 AM

All replies

• Hi lev- your best (only?) solution would be to use InfoPath and add the form to the page with an InfoPath web part.

As far as nobody being able to see items in the list, the only way you could accomplish that is with a Designer workflow to change permissions on item creation.

cameron rautmann

Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:00 PM
  • Hi,

You can add a simple link or HTML button on any of the webpart page or any simple page where you want your user to click on New Form.

Add New form URL of the List where you have created the column and your list data will save.

When user will click he will redirect to the List Form and once user click on Save button user will be redirect to the same page where he has the button so that he wont be able to see the list data.

You need to add the Source parameter in the form link so that after submitting the data user can redirect to this Source – URL rather than the list.

Source=/sites/test/SitePages/anyPage.aspx

Even you can add some simple message like your form / data has been submitted successfully and user will redirect to the Home page or any page url that you want to show to user after submitting the data in New form.

http://www.sharepointdiary.com/2011/05/redirect-to-another-page-after-new-item-submit.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22562456/how-do-i-add-a-redirecting-link-on-a-save-button

http://spjsblog.com/2011/04/23/redirect-from-newform-to-dispform-or-editform/

For using the Event receiver or workflow you have the following article if you wish to use but Javascript is easy and maintenance perspective very simple.

https://adrianhenke.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/custom-redirect-after-creating-a-new-sharepoint-item/

KRISHANA KUMAR

SharePoint Architect

Mosstechnet-kk.com

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful

Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:48 PM
  • Hi le04,

As croute1 mentioned, you could achieve that using an InfoPath form.

Here are the steps for your reference:

>> Firstly, we need to customize the New Item Form using InfoPath.

1. Open a SharePoint custom list in InfoPath.

2. Add a button into the form.

3. Right click the button, choose button properties. Select “Submit” in the combo box under Action section.

4. Apply the changes.

5. Publish the form.

>> Insert the form into the page using InfoPath Form web part.

1. Open the page which you want to show the form

2. Edit the page, insert an InfoPath Form web part.

3. Edit the web part, select the list that you have customized the form using InfoPath.

4. Save the page.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:03 AM
  • Hi lev09,

Have you added the New Item Form on another page successfully by following the steps above?

If you think the reply is helpful, please mark it as an answer.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 17, 2017 2:41 AM