Crashing Browser IE and FireFox RRS feed

• Question

• Ria supports DomainContext.IsLoading but no DomainContext.Cancel

Are there plans to support DomainContext.Cancel?

When my application exits I want to check if DomainContext.IsLoading and if anything is loading/processing I want to cancel before the app/browser closes.

What I'm finding is if the user closes the browser while a RIA service is still loading, the browser will crash.

I know there is a Cancel method on a LoadOperation<T> opp = DomainContext.Load(GetQuery) but I don't want to have to manually track every page and every load operation.

Since the DomainContext knows that something is loading, it should be able to cancel as well.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:12 PM

Answers

All replies

•  Since the DomainContext knows that something is loading, it should be able to cancel as well.

Heh, every time you start a load the DomainContext increments a private integer. Every time a load returns it decrements that same integer. IsLoading just checks if that integer is larger than 0.

(That isn't a comment on the merit of your request, just on that line.)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:39 PM
  • ugh..that stinks...

Maybe they'll just fix the bug with it crashing the browser if the user navigates to a different site or closes browser during a load operation (which is the real problem)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:06 PM
  • Can you describe in more detail when the browser crashes? What OS version, what browser version? How many entities are you loading? I've tried to reproduce this, but couldn't...

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:26 PM
  • I saw another post where if you have an autocomplete control inside the accordian control it is causing browser to crash.  I have about 10 autocomplete controls inside the accordian and they all are making async requests..i'm going to do some more testing to see what is actually causing the problem....

Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

Have you fould the root cause? is it caused by autocompletebox?

Monday, August 31, 2009 7:25 AM
  • I got a crash as well, but in my case it was related to the Activity-control. I had to use "Stretch" on the width/height alignment of the content of the activity control. Still strange that something like this is able to crash IE without a proper Silverlight runtime notification.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 4:23 AM
  • Looks like its related to the accordian control that has autocomplete control as a child.  Issue has been reported, please click the link and vote for this to be fixed.

http://silverlight.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3888

Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:32 AM