How to publish a Windows phone Silverlight game developed in Blend to Windows phone market place RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is there any body who can help me to find a way to submit a windows phone game designed in Microsoft blend to windows phone market place.

I designed that game in blend by selecting Windows phone application project.

It is already a completed game and also runs properly in Windows phone immulator but  I can't find a way to submit that game to windows phone market place  without exposing some source codes.

Please some body reply addressing this issue as soon as possible ,because I have to submit the application by 2nd OCT as it is the last date for submission for applying Microsoft student partners application form.

Friday, September 30, 2011 4:54 PM

Answers

• You'll need to make an account over at Micrsoft's App Hub (http://create.msdn.com). Click the "Submit for Windows Phone" button over on the left-hand side and fill out the relevant information. You'll need to upload the .xap file that you created when compiling you application. Good luck!
    Friday, September 30, 2011 6:18 PM

All replies

• You'll need to make an account over at Micrsoft's App Hub (http://create.msdn.com). Click the "Submit for Windows Phone" button over on the left-hand side and fill out the relevant information. You'll need to upload the .xap file that you created when compiling you application. Good luck!
    Friday, September 30, 2011 6:18 PM
  • Thank you sir very much for taking the pain to reply but

I can't find any .xap file in my project but it runs fine in the emulator after building the project and running by pressing  F5 or Ctrl+F5 in Visual studio . In which folder I am supposed to get the .xap file in my Project please tell me.

Friday, September 30, 2011 9:50 PM
  • Let's say I created a phone app called MyApp, and the MyApp.sln file is in C:\Projects\MyApp. In that case, the .xap file created by compiling would be here:

C:\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\Bin\Debug\MyApp.xap

I hope that helps you find your .xap file.

Saturday, October 1, 2011 2:56 AM
  • Also, don't submit the debug version to the app hub, open your project in VS and build a release version to submit.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 8:39 PM