none
cmake

Question

• Just now I've installed MS Visual Studio 2015 in order to compile some source code. Firstly I need cmake, then nmake. However, I cannot find cmake.exe in the deployed directory "D:\Visual Studio Community\VC\bin\". Instead there is bscmake.exe, but it doesn't work as needed. There is also directory "D:\Visual Studio Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\pcpdf2ai.ygv\Starterkit\Extensions\cmake\", but no exe-files found there.

Is cmake utility included in MS Visual Studio, or is it necessary to install it as another package?

Any advice is appreciated.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:22 PM

Answers

• Hi spectorsky,

Thanks for your post.

>>Is cmake utility included in MS Visual Studio, or is it necessary to install it as another package?

As far as I know, CMake Tools for Visual Studio is an extension for Microsoft Visual Studio. You need to install the CMake Tools separately.

Please refer to the following link to download CMake tool.

http://cmaketools.codeplex.com/releases/view/619251

Also refer the link it may provide you information on CMake and VSO.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:25 AM