Subscriptions throw configuration error. RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured my report server in native mode.

I set up subscription on one of my reports and Delivery method i configured is 'File share Delivery'.I have not configured email delivery for SSRS. 

When i run the subscription i following get the error in - 

Failure writing file xxx : The report server has encountered a configuration error. 

When i check in ReportServer logs ,all i get is - 

Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: AuthzInitializeContextFromSid: Win32 error: 110, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error.

I check in Even Viewer and get - 

The Report Server Email extension failed to read its configuration settings from the RSReportServer.config configuration file. The extension is not available to users.

Please help!!

I don't know what exactly i am missing.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 10:49 AM

Answers

• Thankyou all for your replies..

I tried your suggesstions but it dint solve my issue..

At last ..

Set subscription with credentials who has Admin rights on the file share system.I also restarted the Report server.Also i tried reconfiguring my report server from start..dunno what exactly solved my issue..But nw it is resolved :)

• Marked as answer by dpkas Friday, January 2, 2015 10:41 AM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 10:41 AM

All replies

• The file share extension should be on by default. You may not have used a proper UNC share or have the correct permissions provided. You can check this article, it may help. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159264.aspx

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Power BI This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

Friday, December 5, 2014 12:29 AM
  • Hi dpkas,

Per my understanding you have problem with the window file share subscriptions which failed and caused some error in the log files, right?

After analysis the error logs, it seems to be caused by the service account for the Reporting Services service does not have proper permissions to invoke the WIN32 API.

The SQL Server Reporting Services invokes the Win32 API to impersonate user's permissions to write files to shared folder or call COM+ components.

In this case, we can change the service account to a account has permissions to invoke the Win32 API to solve the issue. The account must be a Windows user account that has read permissions and network logon permissions to support, we can change the account to be NetworkService or LocalSystem:

1. Backup the encryption key using Reporting Serivces Configuration Manager.
    2. Change the service account using Reporting Serivces Configuration Manager.
    3. Restore the encryptiong key using Reporting Serivces Configuration Manager.

Remember to restart your report server after the modification.(stop & then start in Report Server Configuration Manager).

Similar thread for your reference:
    SQL Server Reporting Services Configuration Error(Subscription)
    Monday, March 28, 2011SQL Report Server - The report server has encountered a configuration error

If your problem still exists, please try to provide the details information about the service acount you have configured.

Any problem, pelase feel free to ask

Regards
    Vicky Liu

• Edited by Vicky_Liu Friday, December 5, 2014 6:25 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Vicky_Liu Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vicky_Liu Friday, December 12, 2014 1:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by dpkas Friday, January 2, 2015 10:34 AM
    Friday, December 5, 2014 6:23 AM
  • Thankyou all for your replies..

I tried your suggesstions but it dint solve my issue..

At last ..

Set subscription with credentials who has Admin rights on the file share system.I also restarted the Report server.Also i tried reconfiguring my report server from start..dunno what exactly solved my issue..But nw it is resolved :)

• Marked as answer by dpkas Friday, January 2, 2015 10:41 AM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 10:41 AM