How exactly does BizTalk Rule Composer set the "Document Type" for an XML schema. RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed that on my development machine, the document type works "as expected". 

But when I deployed schema and business rule to QA machine, then tried to add a new rule, the xpath was shorter, because the "document type" was shorter.  Seems like one get-around was to name the physical schema filename with the document type (or manually change the Document Type). 

So on both the developer's system and the QA or other systems, how exactly does the "Document Type" get populated (even though I know I can override it).  So it looks like the best practice is to name the schema with the document type? 

Example, if I copy the schema to a name such as MyBRESchema.xsd, even though the contents of the .xsd is the same as another file, the "Document Type" is set to "MyBREScehma".

Thanks,

Neal Walters 

Friday, September 7, 2018 3:58 PM

All replies

• Normally I've always created a vocabulary first against a schema deployed in BizTalk. In that scenario the Document Type matches the BizTalk Document Type i.e.: the target namespace#the root element. This way I have been able to extract and move the rules across different environments without any problems.

What you're describing is the behaviour similar to that observed when you move files across projects in VS.

Regards.

Monday, September 10, 2018 8:16 AM