Keeping slides and presentations in sync RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, or if this is just the way it is.  Right now, I can take a presentation, and publish those slides to the slide library, and that works fine.  The one thing I would like to do though, is have that presentation realize the connection is has to the slide library.  Meaning, if I were to change a slide in the library, I would be prompted to update that slide in the presentation.  It doesn't look like this happens.

As a workaround, I can re-create the presentation using those same slides from the library, which works, but it seems like an unnecessary step.  Is that the only way to do it?  Anyone solve this a different way?

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Thom,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to sync the slide into SharePoint library instead of re-creating it when you changed it. Is it right?

When you edit a slide using Office client app, there is a sync button in the client application, click it, the changed will be synced to the slide in the SharePoint library. You can select a slide and right-click the name, then click Eidt in ‘Microsoft PowerPoint’, it will open the silde with Office client. Then at the top of the client app, you will find the sync button, like the screenshot:

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:15 AM