none
How do I add an Arduino library to project

Question

• When I create an Arduino Wiring Application for Win 10 Core I copied one of my Arduino sketches over the page that is created. The sketch works on an Arduino.

The sketch is for a temperature/humidity sensor project using a DHT22/AM2302 sensor.

I set a reference to the DHT22 library, but an error message says it can't find it.

How do I add a library to the project?

Thanks.

TonyScarpelli

Sunday, June 19, 2016 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hi TonyScarpelli,

Thanks for your friendly response.

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS IDE usage.

>>I created a Visual C++, Windows IoT Core, Arduino Wiring Application for Windows IoT Core project.

So it is related to the Windows IoT developing, as far as I know, it has his own supported forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/home?forum=WindowsIoT

To help you resolve this issue, if possible, I suggest you discuss this issue with the Windows IoT developing team experts.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by TonyScarpelli Friday, June 24, 2016 1:57 PM
    Friday, June 24, 2016 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi TonyScarpelli,

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, just to make this issue clearly, which VS version did you use? Which kind of project did you create which will refer to the library?

This document shared us how to add/remove references in VS IDE:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wkze6zky%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

>>I set a reference to the DHT22 library, but an error message says it can't find it.

Is this library the third party? If it is the third party library, maybe you could discuss this issue with the third party site, and check that whether this library could be added as a reference in the specific .NET project or others.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:19 AM
  • I am using Visual Studio 2015, version 14.0.25123.00 Update 2, and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I created a Visual C++, Windows IoT Core, Arduino Wiring Application for Windows IoT Core project.

I wanted to create a Temperature/Humidity sensor project using a DHT22/AM2302 digital sensor.

I thought that using the Arduino DHT library would work, but it doesn't. 

Since I was doing the "Windows IoT Core, Arduino Wiring Application for Windows IoT Core project" I thought this forum was the one to use since there are other Arduino libraries, like "Wire" in the Arduino wiring system. Whoever put in the "Wire" library, could also be putting in very common ones like "DHT", etc.

I don't know who they are or who I can discuss this with.

Thanks.

TonyScarpelli

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 3:44 PM
  • Hi TonyScarpelli,

Thanks for your friendly response.

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS IDE usage.

>>I created a Visual C++, Windows IoT Core, Arduino Wiring Application for Windows IoT Core project.

So it is related to the Windows IoT developing, as far as I know, it has his own supported forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/home?forum=WindowsIoT

To help you resolve this issue, if possible, I suggest you discuss this issue with the Windows IoT developing team experts.

Best Regards,

Jack

• Marked as answer by TonyScarpelli Friday, June 24, 2016 1:57 PM
    Friday, June 24, 2016 10:14 AM