Left Hand side navigation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Some pages links(For ex. abc(page name: abc.aspx), xyz(page name: xyz.aspx)) are appearing under Left Hand side navigation.

Tried checking settings in Navigation under Site settings, unable to find link for that respective pages under Global/Current Navigation. Tried increasing number of links to be visible, still no success. Unable to get, from where that link is appearing in Left Hand Navigation.

What else needs to be check for get rid of those links in the navigation.

appreciate your earliest response.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Jayashri

Monday, May 29, 2017 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Jayashri,

Please check with the option selected under Current Navigation - Is the below option selected?

Display the current site, the navigation items below the current site, and the current site's siblings

Regards, Sathiya

Monday, May 29, 2017 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

You need to enable the feature called  "SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" on your site collection and site level to see the "Navigation" link under site settings.

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Monday, May 29, 2017 4:13 PM
  • As Murugesa said, you need to active the feature first.

You can get the Navigation from Site Setting->Look and Feel after the Feature which is from site setting->Site Collection Feature-> SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure is activated 

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:38 AM
  • Thanks for replies.

@Shelley and @Murugesa, "SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" feature is already activated, that's the reason I am getting "Navigation" under "Look and Feel".

@sathiya..The option you mentioned is disabled for me under "Current Navigation". Please suggest me the way to enable it.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Jayshri

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:28 AM
  • Hello

This feature is also controlled by the following site feature which is from site setting->Site feature not site collection feature list.

After that, you can select the box of Site Pages in Global and Current Navigation.

Notice: the page must be publishing page without Wiki page.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 5:06 AM
  • Its already enabled.

I can see from screenshot, for you also " Structural Navigation: Display the current site, the navigation items below the current site, and the current site's siblings is disabled under current navigation" is disabled.

Please assist, how to enable it.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Jayashri

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:27 AM
  • Hi Jayashri,

For root site, this option will be greyed out in SharePoint navigation. You can check this option in subsite's site settings->Navigation under look and feel and can hide those pages in subsite.

Regards, Sathiya

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:19 AM
  • Thanks for reply.

the navigation setting, which I am checking is under subsite only not under root.

Need assistance. Tried many things by checking through:

/_layouts/15/topnav.aspx (top link bar, shortcut link)

/_layouts/15/quiklnch.aspx

Still unable to get that, where that link is appearing from.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Jayashri

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:06 AM