none
DLL Registration For NAV 2013 RTC Client RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

A custom DLL (Automation) is working fine in the client machine (where the DLL is actually created) and the same Client Machine is also used as a Developer Machine.

Now I want to use this DLL in every Client Machine because I don't want to put this DLL file in the Server.

So, I've registered (using RegAsm) the DLL file in other client machine successfully & seen that the DLL is defined as Myautomation.Unknown in the C/ALL Global Variable window & for this "Unknown" class name, I'm facing an error like "Cannot create an instance of an Automation Server with CLSID".

[And I've also noticed that if I change the class name correctly instead of "Unknown" then the problem is solved.]

To solve this problem I have to access the Database using Developer Environment from that Client machine & manually changed the information in the C/ALL Global Variable Windows. But it's not expected that every client PC should have the "Developer Environment" installed.

So, how to solve this problem without support of "Developer Environment" Client ?

Kindly Reply.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 6:27 AM

All replies

• Seems what you want is a tool can modify staff with IDE, just like MSBuild in machine without a visual studio. Try to find if there is some tools or API can use programmatically using your favor search engine.

Friday, September 4, 2015 2:43 AM
  • I have build a DLL (in C#) for NAV 2013 R2 Application.

Register(Using RegAsm) this in one of the Client Machines (32 bit Client Machine) and then declare this DLL in the C/AL Global windows of a Page (Page ID 43) in NAV 2013 R2 Database as..

Name     DataType          Subtype                         Length
    csc         Automation       'CSClb'.Class1

Now I want to register this DLL in other Client Machine. I do the same process for the successful registration. But the same Page (Page ID 43) gives an error message like.."Cannot create an instance of an Automation Server with CLSID". Because I have seen that this Page (Page ID 43) does get proper dll reference in the C/AL Global windows. It looks in the C/AL Global Windows as..

Name     DataType          Subtype                         Length
    csc         Automation       'CSClb'.Unknown Class

To rectify this issue I have to take support of "Developer Environment" but every Client does not have the "Developer Environment" installed.

I just want to know how solve this type of issue without any "Developer Environment".

Is it Possible ?

• Edited by navuser1 Friday, September 4, 2015 5:25 AM Miss
    Friday, September 4, 2015 5:24 AM