SSL Certificate not visibile in Certificat Tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

As I purchased third part Certificate and installed on windows 2008 which is subdomain , I used mmc and add the certificate into local computer but  I am not able to find the said  in sqlserver 2008 "Certificate Tab" please help me in this regard.

thank you

asad

Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If the certificate cannot be used for SQL Server and hence will not be visible in SQL Configuration manager. It seems the certificate does not have the correct DNS name.

I suggest you request a new third party certificate from the vendor with the correct DNS name. Install it on SQL Server environment, then you should see certificate form the configuration manager dropdown box.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, March 3, 2014 10:01 AM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you double check that you requested a computer cert as written in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316898 ?

Thanks,

Janos

There are 10 type of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

My Blog | Hire Me

Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:18 AM
  • Thank u for reply, I am receiving following error in eventviewer

"The certificate received from the remote server was issued by an untrusted certificate authority. Because of this, none of the data contained in the certificate can be validated. The SSL connection request has failed. The attached data contains the server certificate."

furthermore I found that in certificate "issue to" as wel in "subject" didnt not contain same fullcomputername (subdomain)  where sqlserver has been installed. 

Please help me in this regard.

asad

Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:19 PM
  • Hi,

If the certificate cannot be used for SQL Server and hence will not be visible in SQL Configuration manager. It seems the certificate does not have the correct DNS name.

I suggest you request a new third party certificate from the vendor with the correct DNS name. Install it on SQL Server environment, then you should see certificate form the configuration manager dropdown box.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, March 3, 2014 10:01 AM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 7:14 AM