How do I get rid of column headers? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web part that is just a list of links to documents.  It has a column header of "Names".  I want to get rid of that header.
    Janey Fritsche
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Add 'Summary Links' web part which is under 'Content Roll up' category. This will not display any column header and looks very neat...

Vighnesh Bendre
    http://markviky.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Alana SF Monday, December 13, 2010 10:19 PM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 7:06 AM
  • You can edit your page in SharePoint Designer to get rid of the header. 
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:29 PM

All replies

• HI

Please let me know what is the web part you are using for this. Is it a custom visual web part or an OOTB list view web part?

Friday, December 10, 2010 4:46 AM
  • Hi,

Add 'Summary Links' web part which is under 'Content Roll up' category. This will not display any column header and looks very neat...

Vighnesh Bendre
    http://markviky.blogspot.com
    Friday, December 10, 2010 7:06 AM
  • You can edit your page in SharePoint Designer to get rid of the header. 
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:29 PM
  • Thanks for the responses.  I set the list up as a library originally.

Then I set up 4 web parts for individual libraries, each with a different modified view that did a selection on the original list.

Vighnesh, thanks for your suggestion.  I tried the Summary Links and indeed it does not display the column headers.  However, now I realize I'd like more capabilities than the library or the Summary Links allow.

Under some of the links I'm adding, I'd like to indent and have some auxiliary links.

I tried various tricks with both the library and with Summary Links to achieve the indention without any success.

So, I seem to be falling back on the Forms HTML web part a lot, because I can enter HTML code without it getting tweaked.

Janey Fritsche
    Monday, December 13, 2010 10:17 PM