DocumentID required RRS feed

• Question

•  I'm currently using Stream Analytics (ASA) for an IoT project. ASA outputs the data to DocumentDB, but I struggle with the documentID. I like DocumentDB to create the UUID it normally does for new records (without ASA). But in the panel where I configure the documentDB output I have to fill in the document ID field.

From various documents I read that the document ID is an optional field in the ASA output to documentDB. This behavior is the thing I need, but I have to fill in the document ID field.

How can I configure ASA to generate the document ID automatically? Or how can I generate a UUID with ASA (queries)?

Regards,

Chris

Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:09 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reaching out Chris. What you're hitting is a known issue in the portal (Rest api or .NET SDK wouldn't require DocumentID) and we are working on getting fixed soon. I'll post an update here as soon as its fixed.

cheers,
    Chetan

[Disclaimer] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all.

• Marked as answer by Christiaan-R Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:05 PM
    Thursday, March 24, 2016 3:54 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reaching out Chris. What you're hitting is a known issue in the portal (Rest api or .NET SDK wouldn't require DocumentID) and we are working on getting fixed soon. I'll post an update here as soon as its fixed.

cheers,
    Chetan

[Disclaimer] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all.

• Marked as answer by Christiaan-R Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:05 PM
    Thursday, March 24, 2016 3:54 PM
  • Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your quick update on this! Like to hear when this has been fixed.

Regards,

Chris

Thursday, March 24, 2016 7:59 PM