none
Lack of Detail with Certification Failures RRS feed

• Question

• In the past the people certifying apps would give screenshots with details on failures.  For the past year or so we get absolutely no detail with just some generic failure such as "Search terms or keywords are not relevant to your app".  I then went back and explained why each keyword is relevant in my app and the previous certification went through.  I've been leaving the keyword explanation in the Notes section when publishing, but after submitting an update, the submission failed once again only stating "Search terms or keywords are not relevant to your app".  Which keywords are not relevant?  Why do they think they aren't relevant?

My guess is that Microsoft has outsourced their certification team just like they have outsourced much of their developer support team.  I wonder if the people certifying even speak or understand English at a level to certify correctly.  I don't think it is too much to ask to have some detail with certification failures so we can quickly fix the issue and not waste our time nor the certification team's time.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:35 PM

All replies

• Hello RedfelisLOC,

Your certification reports should include a contact email for further clarification or to dispute the failure as needed. If this does not help to guide you, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you and investigate further. Thank you!

Saturday, June 4, 2016 4:30 PM