none
configuring WCF-Custom for low latency RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are developing a BizTalk application on R2, that will be backing a web front. The system doesnt have high throughput requirements, but lowest latency is required. I'm wondering if there are any WCF-adapters specific configurations that i can modify to optimize the application for low message latency. I hope that by default WCF adapters dont do any batching of request or response messages, but correct me if am wrong there and if/how it can be configured for 'no-batching'. Also any other adapter configurations for low latency are wellcomed

regards,

Ali

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:38 AM

All replies

• BizTalk in general for adapters "Batch" messages to and from the MessageBox db.

I'm not too sure about this but I think WCF adapters are no different, except for a singleton service type instance named BizTalkServiceInstance that processes the message one at a time in most situations, (except when using Reliable Messaging or Ordered delivery- I'm not exactly sure which one...), to get it into the BizTalk MsgBox.

As far as low latency, the less amount of work be done in the WCF Channels the better and faster your adapter will push it through the system. Using WCF Custom adapters with the only the specified binding elements will help out. Bypassing some of the default elements per different types of Bindings such as reader quotas, sessions, reliable messaging etc. should help. 

Other than that, you'd need to look at specific binding element properties in WCF to see how they affect the reading and writing of content on the message.

HTH

Sunday, February 3, 2008 8:25 AM