MDS Integration Optimization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working on MDS version 10.50.1720 and I have to perform a migration process into a MDS Model.

When I insert million of members with attributes (50),  the staging process was so so long.

I mean, the insert in tblStgMember and tblStgMemberAttribute took 10 minutes, but i almost wait 3 hours to have my data processed into the mds.

My server is a Physical server running on Windows Server 2008 R2 with 16GB RAM and XEON 16 core.

Do you have any suggestions to optimize this process, because I have almost 200 tables to migrate, and i don't want to wait 25 days?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:44 AM

Answers

• After importing a large volume of records you should run sp_updatestats on the MDS database.  See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173804.aspx

Performance could degrade significantly because the query optimization statistics are not up to date after significant data imports or changes.

Monday, September 20, 2010 10:15 PM
  • Hi,

Do you have many business rules on entities?
    Even if the business rules are applied separately after the import, removing them before the import (and recreate them with the data in place) may help you.

Let me know if you succeed.

Thanks, 

Marius
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have many business rules on entities?
    Even if the business rules are applied separately after the import, removing them before the import (and recreate them with the data in place) may help you.

Let me know if you succeed.

Thanks, 

Marius
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:43 PM
  • Hi Marius,

Unfortunalty, there are no business rules attached ! But thank you.

Does someone have the same situation ?

Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:56 AM
  • check if transaction logging for importing is on (in the configuration manager). though it's better to have it on for such big initial loads you may consider an exception.

I don't believe that having business rules configured but not ran has any impact on the loading performance.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:51 PM
  • I tried but no changes. It's still long.
    Monday, September 20, 2010 3:56 PM
  • After importing a large volume of records you should run sp_updatestats on the MDS database.  See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173804.aspx

Performance could degrade significantly because the query optimization statistics are not up to date after significant data imports or changes.

Monday, September 20, 2010 10:15 PM