none
Change to Add-In UI in OWA RRS feed

• Question

• This week something changed in the OWA client with the way Add-Ins are presented in the UI. They are now surfaced as small icons in mail and seemingly nowhere in the calendar UI.  I checked the road map and I don't see any reference to this change and I can't find any developer documentation that references what happened. I have checked in some other tenants that I manage and they have a similar change. At a minimum we need some documentation around how to code for the new interface. Does anyone have a clue what is going on here?

The one thing I was able to find was a post on answers.microsoft.com alluding to a new version of Outlook

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/osettings-oemailset/add-in-function-disappeared-in-owa/8f3957b8-a032-4a7f-8dbe-55db3092a5a6

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe this is an account or browser related problem.

You can contact Microsoft support for this issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/menu/software/outlook.com/ts/

Regards, Sjoukje. Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter

Monday, December 19, 2016 10:58 AM
  • Hello Rob,

I believe the link you provided displays the new interface for add-ins list. This change of interface is per account and we had a few ppl with this interface a couple of month back but most were updated just recently. I am not sure what kind of development documentation are you looking for? There is no any changes to manifest of an add-in, so there is no any dev documentation change. You don't have to code anything specific to have this interface, in fact you will not be able to go back to "old" style with "add-ins" menu on the top. This is update to OWA interface and have nothing to do with development.

Hope this clarify something for you.

Slava Ivanov

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:28 PM
  • Hi Slava,

Our concern was less around getting the old interface back and more around being able to communicate significant changes to the UI to our user community proactively. I have scoured the roadmap and other resources and opened a ticket with MS to try to find out where this change was communicated or documented up front. I'm aware that we could have some population of users set to get changes on an earlier track but then it becomes a full time job for them to look for changes to appear. In the case of the calendar plugin we found that with some modifications to the manifest we were able to get the icon to appear and we may have had a scenario where we had a manifest that wasn't 100% perfect but it worked previously and stopped working after the UI update.

Regards,

Rob

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:18 PM