none
New Windows 7 Ultimate Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I have an old project in VS2003 (I have vs2003 working in Win7, from my inplace upgrade from Vista Ultimate)
    What my problem is, is that when I run the web app, either from the dev environment or just by typing the address in IE8...

The site renders like it does say in Firefox, it looks horrible (its an interal app and IE is the standard). I have the eval version of Win7 on my laptop and if I run the same web site (still using my desktop as the web server) ... it renders just fine, looks like it always has.

I see that IE8 in the eval (7100 version) is different from the version installed with the retail win 7.
    Could that be the difference? 

I have the compatibility view checked for intranet sites.
    Can't be an IIS setting as its the same IIS handling the request frm the desktop and laptop.  Has to be something in IE8 on the desktop.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advanced.
    Jon
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 9:09 PM

Answers

• Well I thankfully found a soultion to this problem.

I came across this blog post (http://mauroy.blogspot.com/2009/05/ie8-not-recognized-in-my-apnet-11.html).
    So I decided to give it a whirl .. I renamed the "Post Platform" registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent

Once I did that, I opened IE 8 and launched my web app that is an asp.net 1.1 child. It formatted it prefectly this time.
    Also, the Request.Browser.Cookies check that was returing false before, now was working.

My Windows 7 now is complete and it really is running much faster than Vista was.

I hope this helps someone and thanks again to the blogger.

Jon
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:26 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:50 PM

All replies

• Well I thankfully found a soultion to this problem.

I came across this blog post (http://mauroy.blogspot.com/2009/05/ie8-not-recognized-in-my-apnet-11.html).
    So I decided to give it a whirl .. I renamed the "Post Platform" registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent

Once I did that, I opened IE 8 and launched my web app that is an asp.net 1.1 child. It formatted it prefectly this time.
    Also, the Request.Browser.Cookies check that was returing false before, now was working.

My Windows 7 now is complete and it really is running much faster than Vista was.

I hope this helps someone and thanks again to the blogger.

Jon
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:26 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:50 PM
  • Hi Jon,

Thank you for your kindly sharing. I really appreciate that. :)

This will be beneficial to other community members as well.

Have a great week!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:26 AM