none
Scopes to pass to AcquireTokenAsync? - Microsoft.Identity.Client

Question

• Building a Xamarin Forms app:

If I pass user.read into the AcquireTokenAsync function, I get merely an Microsoft Account login page. Rather, I was expecting a multi-provider B2C interface I deployed with the Azure Portal.

I get an error if I pass the app client ID into the function as well: "API does not accept client id as a user-provided scope". How can I get it to accept this? Or, what should I be using?

var authenticationResult = await App.PublicClientApp.AcquireTokenAsync(new string[]{"client-id"});

See: https://twitter.com/sgvictorino/status/962013390599200768

Thanks!

Friday, February 9, 2018 5:34 PM

All replies

• What is the endpoint you are calling ?
    What is the scope value ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, February 9, 2018 7:15 PM
  • Thanks for responding!

Are you asking about the azurewebsite domain?

The scope value is the client-id in the second example, and "user.read" in the first.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Friday, February 9, 2018 9:39 PM
  • Some context: I just want to use authentication with the Node.js table backend, nothing fancy.
    Friday, February 9, 2018 11:45 PM
  • In addition, I would like to bridge tokens by email address rather than having a different account for each provider.
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:11 PM