none
Problem at Dreamspark download RRS feed

• Question

• Hello can you please help me?

Ich want to download Windows 8 from Dreamspark.

Other downloads like Visio, Access are sucsesfull, but by Win8 it come this :

Its not the original message. The original is in German, i put it only in Googletranslate, and my English is not so good :P

The download can not be completed. If this product for location selection is available, choose a different location. If no location selection is available, suggests the download may fail because there is no Internet connection is found, the Internet connection is lost or a firewall or proxy server between the client computer and the host location is available. Try again later.

here are the German original Message: 

Der Download kann nicht fertig gestellt werden. Wenn für dieses Produkt eine Location-Auswahl zur Verfügung steht, wählen Sie eine andere Location. Wenn keine Location-Auswahl zur Verfügung steht, schlägt der Download möglicherweise fehl, da keine Internet-Verbindung gefunden wurde, die Internet-Verbindung abgebrochen ist oder eine Firewall oder ein Proxy-Server zwischen Client-Rechner und Host-Location vorhanden ist. Versuchen Sie es später erneut.

What are the Problem here?

Hupps probably the Wrong Forum

• Edited by chevynexus Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:32 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you please post the screenshot of the error message? Also, try changing the download directory and make sure that you are not behind any firewall or proxy server.

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Friday, November 23, 2012 5:07 AM
  • hey , i am also in the same situation. i started downloading Windows 8 yesterday and it has reached to 81 %. and now it showed up the same message

"Der Download kann nicht fertig gestellt werden. Wenn für dieses Produkt eine Location-Auswahl zur Verfügung steht, wählen Sie eine andere Location. Wenn keine Location-Auswahl zur Verfügung steht, schlägt der Download möglicherweise fehl, da keine Internet-Verbindung gefunden wurde, die Internet-Verbindung abgebrochen ist oder eine Firewall oder ein Proxy-Server zwischen Client-Rechner und Host-Location vorhanden ist. Versuchen Sie es später erneut."

i have closed and re started the browser again and it is downloading forever. i have deactivated Firewall. Can some body throw some light in this?

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:51 PM
  • Hey, same problem here at downloading the SQL Server 2012 with the Secure Download Manager.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:30 PM
  • Same Problem here, by downloading "Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit (German) - DreamSpark - Download" and Server 2012 Identical....

Some Ideas?

Ich tried the PC @ work and my home-PC, everywhere this message appears :(

Greeds,

xEn

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:37 PM
  • Thanks for your post and sorry about the frustration.  Please see my post here for more info on DreamSpark Download issues:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msdnfeedback/thread/734791a6-ecd0-4c4d-9d98-45394f201ef5 

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Friday, November 30, 2012 8:17 PM
  • and I just updated that post with new Information.

Thanks!

Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Friday, February 8, 2013 10:44 PM