Vectorising text RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

How can I vectorise text in Expression Design 4, please?

Do I need to create the text in the application itself and then maybe export it, or can import text from elsewhere and then vectorise it in Expression Design 4 - or both?

Thank you.

Friday, May 29, 2015 4:36 AM

Answers

• Exactly,

i dont know why you are using Expression where the image editing tools i've suggested generates remarkable images & vectors.

Since i've started using such tools (Visual Studio, Illustrator, Photoshop or Corel), Expression never been my necessity. So again, i dont know why you are using Expression...!!

Also, you dont need to buy whole tool to create vector image. just install it as a trial. and while installing the 'illustrator', turn off your internet connection.

That's all,

Other thing.. SVG can be edited by illustrator very easily, the same as you are using any ".AI" file. in Illustrator, after writing your desired text > right click on it > and choose "Create Outlines",  Your fonts are then vectorized.

Thx... :)

Friday, May 29, 2015 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hello there,

First, If you need to vectorize the fonts then i guess you will use .SVG format in your application.

To vectorize the fonts, there's two v good tools available. Adobe Illustrator & Corel Draw. I bet you'll get everything hands on in these two tools.

Hope it helps...

Thx...

Friday, May 29, 2015 4:49 AM
  • They are very expensive.

Can I not save text in SVG format in Expression?

Friday, May 29, 2015 6:01 AM
  • I have just checked.

Expression saves in the following format: Expression Design Files.

I think you mean I would need to abandon Expression altogether, don't you, in order to work with SVG?

Thanks again.

Friday, May 29, 2015 6:04 AM
  • Exactly,

i dont know why you are using Expression where the image editing tools i've suggested generates remarkable images & vectors.

Since i've started using such tools (Visual Studio, Illustrator, Photoshop or Corel), Expression never been my necessity. So again, i dont know why you are using Expression...!!

Also, you dont need to buy whole tool to create vector image. just install it as a trial. and while installing the 'illustrator', turn off your internet connection.

That's all,

Other thing.. SVG can be edited by illustrator very easily, the same as you are using any ".AI" file. in Illustrator, after writing your desired text > right click on it > and choose "Create Outlines",  Your fonts are then vectorized.

Thx... :)

Friday, May 29, 2015 9:57 AM
  • Oh, right.

I will try it out.

Thanks!

Friday, May 29, 2015 11:27 AM