Cannot bind to the target method because its signature or security transparency is not compatible with that of the delegate type RRS feed

• Question

• User-123137828 posted

I have a problem with my MVC application. I am using a performance monitor tool (stackify). I am getting weired errors on several ajax methods in the erros log on regular basis.

Cannot bind to the target method because its signature or security transparency is not compatible with that of the delegate type.

System.ArgumentException: Cannot bind to the target method because its signature or security transparency is not compatible with that of the delegate type. at System.Delegate.CreateDelegate at System.Web.HttpApplication.HookupEventHandlersForApplicationAndModules

But, i am not using delegate anywhere. so i have no clue. why i am getting this

Please advice

Monday, July 29, 2019 8:24 AM

All replies

• User665608656 posted

Hi kreesh,

System.ArgumentException: Cannot bind to the target method because its signature or security transparency is not compatible with that of the delegate type. at System.Delegate.CreateDelegate at System.Web.HttpApplication.HookupEventHandlersForApplicationAndModules

This is a common mistake in creating delegation failures. At this point, I recommend that you check whether the delegation is static or not and the corresponding parameters.

But, i am not using delegate anywhere. so i have no clue. why i am getting this

Without your relevant code, I am not sure the real cause of this issue.

Here are some similar cases and solutions, hoping to help you:

Delegate.CreateDelegate() and generics: Error binding to target method

Creating delegate from MethodInfo

Error when binding generic method delegate - Signature or Security Transparency

If you still haven't solved this issue, please provide more detailed code and the code where the error occurred.

Best Regards,

YongQing.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:56 AM