none
Installing BizTalk DB2 Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed BizTalk 2006 on windows 2003. I want to develop biztalk applications which can insert and retrieve records from IBM Z/OS DB2 v8.0 database.

I installed BizTalk adapters for Host systems (2006 version) on the BizTalk 2006 system. When I try to add the DB2 adapter in the BizTalk Admin Console, I don't see the DB2 Adapter in the list.

Is there some sequence which I've missed. Should I install the ENTSSO available in BizTalk adapters for Host systems pack as well?
    Ashith Raj
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:04 PM

Answers

All replies

•  You said you installed BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems (BAH). Did you go through the configuration wizard for it?

Here is the setup guide: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa770536.aspx.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:51 PM
  • I had installed HIS 2006 and upgraded with BizTalk adapters for Host systems. may thats the reason I was not able to add Db2 adapter in BizTalk Admin console.

Uninstalled all the Bits of BizTalk adapters for Host systems and HIS 2006 and installed just BizTalk adapters for Host systems for bizTalk 2006. I ran the configuration wizard as well. It resolved the problem.

Thanks for your response

Ashith Raj
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 3:48 PM
  • That's interesting that you had trouble with an install and upgrade in that order. The BAH install is supposed to include a version of HIS. Thanks for poasting back about what you did to resolve the issue.

Thanks!
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 10:50 PM