none
how to search and autofill datagrid using 1st column RRS feed

• Question

• dear all

i have a invoice table

now in that datagrid table i have 4 columns 

itemcode        itemdescription      qty        price

now what i need is 

user come to itemcode and whenever he type itemcode, he should get a list of initial alphabetic itemnames like if i type A so itemcode must show all items codes related to A

and when i get my required itemcode, after pressing enter it should fill the related field (item description,qty,price)

please guide with codes

thanks 

Monday, April 8, 2019 12:33 PM

Answers

• i solved this issue 

now i have issue here 

updateQuery = "UPDATE COA SET opening_balance = opening_balance + '" & TotalamountTextBox.Text & "'  WHERE AccountID = '" & Coa_idTextBox.Text & "'"

instead of adding opening_balance with existing, it showing new value with old 

example

if i have opening balance of any account 500 and if i made any entry of 1000 then it must be 1500 but it showing me 5001000

please help

• Marked as answer by Omi4u Monday, May 27, 2019 11:25 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2019 8:02 AM

All replies

• i am getting this error while entering data from textbox to datagrid.

i have a method 

Private Sub Form1_Shown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Shown

Dim dt As New DataTable
            dt.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "hiddenid", .DataType = GetType(Integer),
                              .AutoIncrement = True, .AutoIncrementSeed = 1})

dt.Columns("hiddenid").ColumnMapping = MappingType.Hidden

dt.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "autonumber", .DataType = GetType(String)})
            dt.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "location", .DataType = GetType(String)})
            dt.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "date", .DataType = GetType(String)})

bsData.DataSource = dt
            NDRDataGridView.DataSource = bsData
            ' Label3.DataBindings.Add("text", bsData, "stockin_id")

End Sub

Private Sub AutonumberTextBox1_KeyPress(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles AutonumberTextBox1.KeyPress
            If e.KeyChar = Microsoft.VisualBasic.ChrW(Keys.Return) Then

If Not String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(AutonumberTextBox.Text) Then
                    CType(bsData.DataSource, DataTable).Rows.Add(New Object() {Nothing, AutonumberTextBox1.Text, LocationTextBox.Text, DateTextBox1.Text})
                    bsData.MoveLast()
                End If

End If

End Sub

but when i use above codes, it worked for me but it do not allow me to see relationship data.

i need 

i have two tables table1 =  t1
    table 2 =T1r

both have relationship 

i want when user fill textbox and press enter in last textbox, the data of all other textboxes get added in datagrid with autonumber (identity from sql)

please help and guide me with codes 

• Merged by Alex Li-MSFT Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:11 AM same case
    Monday, April 8, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Going with the title of this post, I see the following which clinically speaking looks fine.

CType(bsData.DataSource, DataTable).Rows.Add(New Object() {Nothing, AutonumberTextBox1.Text, LocationTextBox.Text, DateTextBox1.Text})

What is unclear, perhaps because there is a lack of details is the following statement as all you have shown is one table and you are asking about two or more tables when indicating a relationship. Usually a relationship is set in a DataSet to the relationship property between two tables by primary keys which there is no code shown for this.

"but when i use above codes, it worked for me but it do not allow me to see relationship data."

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:54 AM
  • yeah i know ma'am and i mentioned above codes are working fine but when i use this code for 2 tables which have relationships. here i am not able to see the relationship of data.

suppose i have a item related to numberID 1 so when i use above codes it show me only id 1 but not the related items. as soon i remove above codes, i get everything . i face issue with codes that i am using in form_shown 

i need smile small code to do my job please 

i want to add textdata to datagrid which is databind. whenever user fill the last textbox and press enter

all data in textbox must transfer to datagrid 

Monday, April 8, 2019 10:09 AM
  • I have code samples but are not small.

The following example is broken down into a frontend and backend. Relationships are set in this class. Then in the following code sample, at the bottom there are links to two more out of three links.

All of the code samples mentioned above share a common pattern which I wrote.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Monday, April 8, 2019 10:34 AM
  • i saw your example. only have issue to add textbox items to datagrid 

for relationship i solved it with very best way 

Monday, April 8, 2019 10:49 AM
  • i saw your example. only have issue to add textbox items to datagrid 

for relationship i solved it with very best way 

Unsure what you mean but all you have to do after reading my code is to simply add the data binding e.g. firstNameTextBox.DataBindings.Add("Text",MasterBindingSource, "FirstName") for example.

What do you mean by "for relationship i solved it with very best way", for me and other that leaves us guessing which is not nice of you to say this.

StackOverFlow

Monday, April 8, 2019 10:55 AM
  • i will tell you and others with an example that how i solve the issue of relationship 

but for now i need 

i want to add textbox value to datagrid . 

if possible can you pleaseeee write for me a code here that i can use instead of going through your example . please 

Monday, April 8, 2019 11:05 AM
  • i will tell you and others with an example that how i solve the issue of relationship 

but for now i need 

i want to add textbox value to datagrid . 

if possible can you pleaseeee write for me a code here that i can use instead of going through your example . please 

Here is something I put together in about 15 minutes which is all the time I have. There are actually three tables relations where I do all three but show only two for time constraints.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtGAgKKpqdWjjRtBbJLQRQ6bcVJY

StackOverFlow

Monday, April 8, 2019 11:48 AM
  • thank you for your sample but your example is showing me only to edit existing data

see in attachment

i need this , after user add details in textboxes, he\she will press the add to grid and textbox data will get added in datagrid 

Monday, April 8, 2019 11:58 AM
  • thank you for your sample but your example is showing me only to edit existing data

see in attachment

i need this , after user add details in textboxes, he\she will press the add to grid and textbox data will get added in datagrid 

You then need to call AddNew on the BindingSource to add the new row. using my last code sample to add a new row for products se bsProducts.AddNew() then after the user enters the data issue bsProducts.EndEdit then bsProducts.ResetBindings(False). For a new identifier the primary key needs to be auto incrementing e.g.

dtParent.Columns.Add(
        New DataColumn With
        {
            .ColumnName = "Identifier",
            .DataType = GetType(Int32), 
            .AutoIncrement = True
        }
    )
    This is all I have time for as I'm heading to work so good luck.

StackOverFlow

Monday, April 8, 2019 12:21 PM
  • hi all

i have datagrid with few details

i need whenever user click on 1st row , it open form2 to add details and when user fill form2 and press and 

the details of form2 must add in datagrid selected row.

please guide with code 

Monday, April 8, 2019 12:40 PM
  • Since this is really the same as your last post I'm merging them.

StackOverFlow

Monday, April 8, 2019 12:42 PM
  • Hello,

So far today you asked three questions, two are pretty much the same. Here we like for you to ask a single question, get a solution then move to a new question. If you keep doing this I will take similar actions as i just did with merging two questions together.

StackOverFlow

Monday, April 8, 2019 12:46 PM
  • actually i am about to leave from office and i posted 3 questions so tomorrow when i will come i will able to work on the answers , this is why i post 3 different questions 
    Monday, April 8, 2019 12:52 PM
  • actually i am about to leave from office and i posted 3 questions so tomorrow when i will come i will able to work on the answers , this is why i post 3 different questions 
    Well two of them are now merged. Here is a thought for you, 99 percent of the time a developer focuses on one problem at a time rather than multiple problems which is what I recommend too. So again keep to one question at a time.

StackOverFlow

Monday, April 8, 2019 1:28 PM
  • ok ma'am but i am still waiting for answer of these questions 

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:19 AM
  • any help please
    Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:26 AM
  • Hi,
    here is a demo how to use data relation in DataSet and how add new rows to the the master and to the childs for selected master:

Public Class Form14

Private dgvMaster As New DataGridView With {.Top = 10, .Left = 10, .Height = 300, .Width = 400,
        .Anchor = AnchorStyles.Top Or AnchorStyles.Left Or AnchorStyles.Right,
        .AllowUserToAddRows = False}
      Private dgvChild As New DataGridView With {.Top = 320, .Left = 10, .Height = 300, .Width = 400,
        .AllowUserToAddRows = False}
      Private bsMaster As New BindingSource
      Private bsChild As New BindingSource
      Private WithEvents tbMaster As New TextBox With {.Text = "<new Master>", .Top = 10, .Left = 420,
        .Anchor = AnchorStyles.Top Or AnchorStyles.Right}
      Private WithEvents tbChild As New TextBox With {.Text = "<new Child>", .Top = 320, .Left = 420,
      Private ds As New DataSet

Private Sub Form14_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Me.Height = 700
        Me.Width = 700
        Me.Controls.AddRange(New Control() {dgvMaster, tbMaster, dgvChild, tbChild})
        GetData()
        bsMaster.DataSource = ds
        bsMaster.DataMember = "Master"
        dgvMaster.DataSource = bsMaster
        bsChild.DataSource = bsMaster
        bsChild.DataMember = "Rel"
        dgvChild.DataSource = bsChild
      End Sub

Private Sub tbMaster_KeyDown(sender As Object, e As KeyEventArgs) Handles tbMaster.KeyDown
        If e.KeyCode = Keys.Enter Then
          ds.Tables("Master").Rows.Add(Nothing, CType(sender, TextBox).Text)
        End If
      End Sub

Private Sub tbChild_KeyDown(sender As Object, e As KeyEventArgs) Handles tbChild.KeyDown
          CType(bsChild.AddNew, DataRowView).Row("ChildInfo") = CType(sender, TextBox).Text
        End If
      End Sub

Private Sub GetData()
        ' simulate data loading
        Dim rnd As New Random
        ' Master
        Dim dtMaster As New DataTable("Master")
        With dtMaster
          With .Columns
            With .Add("ID", GetType(Integer))
              .AutoIncrement = True
              .AutoIncrementSeed = -1
              .AutoIncrementStep = -1
            End With
            .Add("MasterInfo", GetType(String))
          End With
          For i = 1 To 10
            .Rows.Add(Nothing, $"Master {i}")
          Next
        End With
        ' Child
        Dim dtChild As New DataTable("Child")
        With dtChild
          With .Columns
              .AutoIncrement = True
              .AutoIncrementSeed = -1
              .AutoIncrementStep = -1
            End With
            .Add("FK", GetType(Integer))
            .Add("ChildInfo", GetType(String))
          End With
          For i = 1 To 100
            .Rows.Add(Nothing, -rnd.Next(1, 11), $"Child {i}")
          Next
        End With
        ' Dataset and Relation
        With ds
          .Tables.Add(dtMaster)
          .Tables.Add(dtChild)
          .Relations.Add("Rel", dtMaster.Columns("ID"), dtChild.Columns("FK"))
        End With
      End Sub

End Class

--
    Best Regards / Viele Grüße
    Peter Fleischer (former MVP for Developer Technologies)
    Homepage, Tipps, Tricks

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:16 AM
  • dear sir

thank u you for your code but i need simple code to add textbox data in datagrid which is databound.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

Do you want such an effect like this?

Public Class Form1
        Dim dt As New DataTable
        Dim strings As AutoCompleteStringCollection = New AutoCompleteStringCollection()

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

strings.Add("Abbbb")
            Strings.Add("Bbbbb")
            strings.Add("Cbbbb")

End Sub

Private Sub DataGridView1_EditingControlShowing(sender As Object, e As DataGridViewEditingControlShowingEventArgs) Handles DataGridView1.EditingControlShowing
            If DataGridView1.CurrentCell.ColumnIndex.Equals(0) Then
                Dim txtAmount As TextBox = TryCast(e.Control, TextBox)
                txtAmount.AutoCompleteCustomSource = strings
                txtAmount.AutoCompleteSource = AutoCompleteSource.CustomSource
                txtAmount.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.Suggest
            End If
        End Sub

End Class

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:05 AM
  • Hi,
    if you work in unbounded mode the values are stored in background in DataGridView. If you bind data objects (DataSource) the DataGrid get every time the values from bounded data object. If you want add or change the showed values you must change the values in the bounded data objects.

--
    Homepage, Tipps, Tricks

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:15 AM
  • dear alex bro thank you for your codes 

but i need to fill the related fields as well when i get 1st column (itemcode)

n i need for ms sql database .

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

If you have already obtained dt from the database:

Public Class Form1
        Dim dt As New DataTable
        Dim strings As AutoCompleteStringCollection = New AutoCompleteStringCollection()

dt.Columns.Add("itemcode")
            dt.Columns.Add(" itemdescription")
            dt.Columns.Add("qty")
            dt.Columns.Add("price")
            dt.Rows.Add(New Object() {"Abbbb", "a", 1, 15})
            dt.Rows.Add(New Object() {"Bbbbb", "b", 2, 15})
            dt.Rows.Add(New Object() {"Cbbbb", "c", 3, 15})
            For Each d In dt.Rows
                strings.Add(d(0).ToString)
            Next

End Sub

Private Sub DataGridView1_EditingControlShowing(sender As Object, e As DataGridViewEditingControlShowingEventArgs) Handles DataGridView1.EditingControlShowing
                Dim TextBox As TextBox = TryCast(e.Control, TextBox)
                TextBox.AutoCompleteCustomSource = strings
                TextBox.AutoCompleteSource = AutoCompleteSource.CustomSource
                TextBox.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.Suggest
                AddHandler TextBox.TextChanged, AddressOf texte

End If
        End Sub

Private Sub texte(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
            Dim TextBox As TextBox = TryCast(sender, TextBox)
            If strings.Contains(TextBox.Text) Then
                Dim a = strings.IndexOf(TextBox.Text)
                DataGridView1.Rows.Add()
                Me.DataGridView1.CurrentRow.Cells(1).Value = dt(a)(1)
                Me.DataGridView1.CurrentRow.Cells(2).Value = dt(a)(2)
                Me.DataGridView1.CurrentRow.Cells(3).Value = dt(a)(3)
            End If
        End Sub
    End Class

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 10:14 AM
  • great help but still can u pleaseeeeeee mention how i can use it with ms sql....im not that good with sql bro please 
    Tuesday, April 9, 2019 10:17 AM
  • i found the issue now i need to solve it with your help

here is the code

Public bsData As New BindingSource

Dim dtr As New DataTable

dtr.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "hiddenid", .DataType = GetType(Integer),
                             .AutoIncrement = False, .AutoIncrementSeed = False})
            dtr.Columns("hiddenid").ColumnMapping = MappingType.Hidden

dtr.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "autonumber", .DataType = GetType(String)})
            dtr.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "location", .DataType = GetType(String)})
            dtr.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "date", .DataType = GetType(String)})
      1      bsData.DataSource = dtr
       2     NDRDataGridView.DataSource = bsData

If Not String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(HiddenidTextBox.Text) Then
                    bsData.MoveLast()
                End If

End If

this code work fine if i use it with one table ..... like if i use it with textbox and press enter then it will add values of textboxes to datagrid

but when i use it with relationship tables , it hide data of FK table but if i remove LINE 1 AND LINE 2 (mentioned in codes)

then i can able to see the FK data.

now i need your help to replace similar code where LINE 1 AND LINE 2 get removed or replaced else code is working fine 

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

Do you want to get Datatable from ms sql,like  this?

Imports System.Data.SqlClient
    Public Class Form1
        Dim constr As String = "xxx"
        Dim conn As SqlConnection
        Dim sda As SqlDataAdapter
        Dim dt As DataTable
            Using conn = New SqlConnection(constr)
                conn.Open()
                sda = New SqlDataAdapter("Select * From Student", conn)
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)       
            End Using
        End Sub
    End Class

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/data/adonet/sql/index

Best Regards,

Alex

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:13 AM
  • yes i want to retrive data in datagrid as u did above but i want to use mssql database to do it. can u please join both above codes and make one for me so i can able to search records in datagrid 
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:12 AM
  • waiting for reply
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:12 AM
  • Hi,

Is this okay?

database invoice table

Public Class Form1
        Dim constr As String = "Data Source = (localdb)\MSSQLLocalDB; Integrated Security = True ;AttachDbFileName= C:\Users\alexl2\Desktop\DataBase\Alex\alex.mdf"
        Dim dt As DataTable
            With DataGridView1
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "itemcode"})
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "itemdescription"})
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "qty"})
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "price"})
            End With
                conn.Open()
                sda = New SqlDataAdapter("Select * From invoice", conn)
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)
            End Using
            For Each d In dt.Rows
            Next
        End Sub

TextBox.AutoCompleteCustomSource = Strings

End If
        End Sub
        Private Sub texte(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
            If Strings.Contains(TextBox.Text) Then
                Me.DataGridView1.CurrentRow.Cells(1).Value = dt(a)(1)
                Me.DataGridView1.CurrentRow.Cells(2).Value = dt(a)(2)
                Me.DataGridView1.CurrentRow.Cells(3).Value = dt(a)(3)
            End If
        End Sub
    End Class

Best Regards,

Alex

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:33 AM
  • yes i need same but i tried your code and it not working

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

With NDRDataGridView
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "hiddenid"})
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "autonumber"})
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "location"})
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "date"})
            End With
            Using conn1 = New SqlConnection(constr)
                conn1.Open()
                sda = New SqlDataAdapter("Select * From NDR", conn1)
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)

End Using
            For Each d In dt.Rows
            Next

End Sub

Private Sub NDRDataGridView_EditingControlShowing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewEditingControlShowingEventArgs) Handles NDRDataGridView.EditingControlShowing

If NDRDataGridView.CurrentCell.ColumnIndex.Equals(0) Then

End If

End Sub

Private Sub texte(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
            If Strings.Contains(TextBox.Text) Then
                Me.NDRDataGridView.CurrentRow.Cells(1).Value = dt(a)(1)
                Me.NDRDataGridView.CurrentRow.Cells(2).Value = dt(a)(2)
                Me.NDRDataGridView.CurrentRow.Cells(3).Value = dt(a)(3)
            End If
        End Sub
    End Class

do i have to mention 1st column in which i will type to search?where 

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:56 AM
  • Hi,

following code:

For Each d In dt.Rows
            Next

0 means index with the table first column.My code doesn't work? Is there an error?

Best Regards,

Alex

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:05 AM
  • it was working fine but now not working and not showing any error 

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

conn1.Open()
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)

End Using
            For Each d In dt.Rows
                strings.Add(d(5).ToString)
            Next

End Sub

Private Sub NDRDataGridView_EditingControlShowing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewEditingControlShowingEventArgs) Handles NDRDataGridView.EditingControlShowing

End If

End Sub

NDRDataGridView.CurrentRow.Cells(1).Value = dt(a)(1)
                NDRDataGridView.CurrentRow.Cells(2).Value = dt(a)(2)
                NDRDataGridView.CurrentRow.Cells(3).Value = dt(a)(3)
            End If
        End Sub

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:32 AM
  • is there any possibility that i can transfer textbox data to datagrid .

i tried below code 

public bsData As New BindingSource

Dim dtr As New DataTable

dtr.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "hiddenid", .DataType = GetType(Integer),
                             .AutoIncrement = False, .AutoIncrementSeed = False})
            dtr.Columns("hiddenid").ColumnMapping = MappingType.Hidden

dtr.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "autonumber", .DataType = GetType(String)})
            dtr.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "location", .DataType = GetType(String)})
            dtr.Columns.Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "date", .DataType = GetType(String)})

1      bsData.DataSource = dtr

2     NDRDataGridView.DataSource = bsData

bsData.MoveLast()
                End If

End If

this code work fine if i use it with one table ..... like if i use it with textbox and press enter then it will add values of textboxes to datagrid

but when i use it with relationship tables , it hide data of FK table but if i remove LINE 1 AND LINE 2 (mentioned in codes)

then i can able to see the FK data.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:37 AM
  • it was working fine but now not working and not showing any error 

conn1.Open()
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)

End Using
            For Each d In dt.Rows
                strings.Add(d(5).ToString)
            Next

End Sub

End If

End Sub

NDRDataGridView.CurrentRow.Cells(1).Value = dt(a)(1)
                NDRDataGridView.CurrentRow.Cells(2).Value = dt(a)(2)
                NDRDataGridView.CurrentRow.Cells(3).Value = dt(a)(3)
            End If
        End Sub

Hi,

As you can see from your code, you use the sixth column of the invoice table as an index.Are you sure your invoice table has data?

Best Regards,

Alex

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:00 AM
  • yes i have data in tables ...

can u check my other question because if that can work then i can use that method (data from textbox to datagrid)

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:32 AM
  • waiting for replyyy
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Hi,
    I don't know who unterstand your problem.

If you want to set a lookup in your DataGridView you can use a DataGridViewComboBoxColumn like this:

Public Class Form15

Private dgvLookup As New DataGridView With {.Top = 10, .Left = 10, .Height = 300, .Width = 400,
        .AllowUserToAddRows = False, .AutoGenerateColumns = False}

Private dgvData As New DataGridView With {.Top = 320, .Left = 10, .Height = 300, .Width = 500,
        .AllowUserToAddRows = False, .AutoGenerateColumns = False}

Private ds As DataSet
      Private bsLookup As New BindingSource
      Private bsData As New BindingSource

Private WithEvents tbMaster As New TextBox With {.Text = "<new Lookup>", .Top = 10, .Left = 420,

Private WithEvents tbChild As New TextBox With {.Text = "<new Data>", .Top = 320, .Left = 520,

Private Sub Form15_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        ' Form size
        Me.Height = 700
        Me.Width = 800
        ' add controls
        Me.Controls.AddRange(New Control() {dgvLookup, tbMaster, dgvData, tbChild})
        ' get Data and bind 
        ds = GetDataSet()
        bsLookup.DataSource = ds
        bsLookup.DataMember = "Lookup"
        dgvLookup.DataSource = bsLookup
        bsData.DataSource = ds
        bsData.DataMember = "Data"
        dgvData.DataSource = bsData
        ' design DataGridViews
        dgvLookup.Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.HeaderText = "Lookup text", .DataPropertyName = "LookupText"})
        '
        With dgvData.Columns
          .Add(New DataGridViewComboBoxColumn With {.HeaderText = "Looukup",
               .DataPropertyName = "FK", .DisplayMember = "LookupText", .ValueMember = "ID", .DataSource = bsLookup})
          .Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.HeaderText = "autonumber", .DataPropertyName = "autonumber"})
          .Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.HeaderText = "location", .DataPropertyName = "location"})
          .Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.HeaderText = "date", .DataPropertyName = "date"})
        End With
      End Sub

Private Sub tbMaster_KeyDown(sender As Object, e As KeyEventArgs) Handles tbMaster.KeyDown
          ds.Tables("Lookup").Rows.Add(Nothing, CType(sender, TextBox).Text)
        End If
      End Sub

Private Sub tbChild_KeyDown(sender As Object, e As KeyEventArgs) Handles tbChild.KeyDown
          With CType(bsData.AddNew, DataRowView)
            .Row("location") = CType(sender, TextBox).Text
            .Row("FK") = CType(bsLookup.Item(0), DataRowView)("ID")
          End With
        End If
      End Sub

Private Function GetDataSet() As DataSet
        ' simulate data loading
        Dim rnd As New Random ' for random lookup
        ' instatiate new Dataset
        Dim ds As New DataSet
        ' Lookup table
        Dim dtLookup As New DataTable("Lookup")
        With dtLookup
          With .Columns
              .AutoIncrement = True
              .AutoIncrementSeed = -1
              .AutoIncrementStep = -1
            End With
            .Add("LookupText", GetType(String))
          End With
          For i = 1 To 10
            .Rows.Add(Nothing, $"LookupText {i}")
          Next
        End With
        ' Child
        Dim dt As New DataTable("Data")
        With dt
          With .Columns
            .Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "hiddenid",
                       .DataType = GetType(Integer),
                       .AutoIncrement = True,
                       .AutoIncrementSeed = -1,
                       .AutoIncrementStep = -1,
                       .ColumnMapping = MappingType.Hidden})
            .Add("FK", GetType(Integer))
            .Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "autonumber", .DataType = GetType(String)})
            .Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "location", .DataType = GetType(String)})
            .Add(New DataColumn() With {.ColumnName = "date", .DataType = GetType(String)})
          End With
          For i = 1 To 20
            .Rows.Add(Nothing, -rnd.Next(1, 11), $"autonumber {i}", $"location{i}", $"date {i}")
          Next
        End With
        ' Dataset and Relation
        With ds
          With .Tables
            .Add(dtLookup)
            .Add(dt)
          End With
          .Relations.Add("Rel", dtLookup.Columns("ID"), dt.Columns("FK"))
        End With
        Return ds
      End Function

End Class

--
    Homepage, Tipps, Tricks

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:48 AM
  • yes i have data in tables ...

can u check my other question because if that can work then i can use that method (data from textbox to datagrid)

I can't understand what you mean from textbox to datagrid,like this?

Public Class Form1
        Dim constr As String = "Data Source = (localdb)\MSSQLLocalDB; Integrated Security = True ;AttachDbFileName= C:\Users\alexl2\Desktop\DataBase\Alex\alex.mdf"
        Dim dt As DataTable
        Dim bind As New BindingSource
                conn.Open()
                sda = New SqlDataAdapter("Select * From Student", conn)
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)
                bind.DataSource = dt
                DataGridView1.Datasource = dt
            End Using
            TextBox1.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "Name")
        End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            bind.MoveNext()
        End Sub
    End Class

Best Regards,

Alex

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:08 AM
  • bro actually i was planning to make invoice in 2 ways 

1 was searching for itemnumber in datagrid it self and populate other fields as u guide me before 

2nd is searching items in itemnumber textbox and populate other textboxes and after i enter quantity and by pressing enter all data of textboxex including itemcode will get add in datagrid with is in relation to item table. 

i am interested in 2nd method. 

i tried it but the code i posted above was making issue with relationship table so i need any method of it .

user type item code in textbox and after he get it, all related textboxes get populate and after enter qty when he press enter all data of textbox move to datagrid 

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:29 AM
  • waiting for helpp
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 12:12 PM
  • Wednesday, April 10, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:02 PM
  • waiting for replyyy
    it will not help to keep saying you are waiting for a reply. Note that you should use a spell-checker too.

StackOverFlow

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:16 PM
  • Your code is not in line with your question. 

You talk about a "datagrid". A "DataGrid" can present relational data. But you are using a "DataGridView" that can only hold one row from a DataTable (Joined or not), 

Therefore try to be clear what you do if you want to make a working program.

I know that Microsoft sold the DataGridView as a replacement for the DataGrid. But that is not the case. The DataGridView replaces the MSFlexGrid. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/winforms/controls/datagrid-control-overview-windows-forms

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:15 PM
  • i understand and please accept my apologies for writing datagrid instead of datagridview.

please help me and solve my issue 

Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:39 AM
  • its datagridview not datagrid 
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:40 AM
  • Hi,

press ctrl

Public Class Form1
        Dim dt As DataTable

With DataGridView1
            End With
                conn.Open()
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)
            End Using
            For Each d In dt.Rows
            Next
            TextBox1.AutoCompleteCustomSource = strings
            TextBox1.AutoCompleteSource = AutoCompleteSource.CustomSource
            TextBox1.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.Suggest
            'TextBox1.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemcode", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            'TextBox2.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemdescription", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            'TextBox3.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "qty", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            'TextBox4.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "price", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_KeyDown(sender As Object, e As KeyEventArgs) Handles TextBox1.KeyDown
            Dim a = strings.IndexOf(TextBox1.Text)

If strings.Contains(TextBox1.Text) Then

If e.Control = True Then
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows.Add()
                    TextBox2.Text = dt.Rows(a)(1).ToString
                    TextBox3.Text = dt.Rows(a)(2).ToString
                    TextBox4.Text = dt.Rows(a)(3).ToString
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(a).Cells(0).Value = TextBox1.Text
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(a).Cells(1).Value = TextBox2.Text
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(a).Cells(2).Value = TextBox3.Text
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(a).Cells(3).Value = TextBox4.Text

End If
            End If

End Sub

End Class

Best Regards,

Alex

Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:04 AM
  • ERROR 

Rows cannot be programmatically added to the DataGridView's rows collection when the control is data-bound.

also

i cant see related items in textboxes

• Edited by Omi4u Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:55 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:27 AM
  • ERROR 

Rows cannot be programmatically added to the DataGridView's rows collection when the control is data-bound.

also

Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:04 PM
  • waiting for reply 
    Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:13 AM
  • hi Alex

i was waiting for your reply. i have to finalize this project as soon as possible.

Monday, April 15, 2019 5:23 AM
  • ERROR 

also

Hi,

My code doesn't use data binding, it runs successfully, are you asking me for this effect?

Best Regards,

Alex

Monday, April 15, 2019 5:27 AM
  • yes your codes are working perfect but i need for data binding .... thanks in advance 
    Monday, April 15, 2019 5:33 AM
  • yes your codes are working perfect but i need for data binding .... thanks in advance 

Hi,

fix a few lines of code,it works well

Public Class Form1
        Dim dt As DataTable
        Dim a = 0
            With DataGridView1
            End With
                conn.Open()
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)
            End Using
            bind.DataSource = dt
            For Each d In dt.Rows
            Next

TextBox1.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemcode", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            TextBox2.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemdescription", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            TextBox3.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "qty", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            TextBox4.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "price", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_KeyDown(sender As Object, e As KeyEventArgs) Handles TextBox1.KeyDown

If e.Control = True Then
                    DataGridView1.Rows.Add()
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(a).Cells(0).Value = TextBox1.Text
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(a).Cells(1).Value = TextBox2.Text
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(a).Cells(2).Value = TextBox3.Text
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(a).Cells(3).Value = TextBox4.Text
                    a += 1
                End If
            End If

End Sub

End Class

Best Regards,

Alex

Monday, April 15, 2019 7:25 AM
  • error 

This causes two bindings in the collection to bind to the same property.
    Parameter name: binding

Monday, April 15, 2019 9:29 AM
  • error 

This causes two bindings in the collection to bind to the same property.
    Parameter name: binding

your autonumberTextbox1 had bound?

Monday, April 15, 2019 9:37 AM
  • No 

if i remove 

AutonumberTextBox1.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "autonumber", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)

then this error will goto 

locationtextbox1..................... 

it keep transferring it i remove the error line

let me share with you all codes

Public Class Form1
         Dim objdatareader As SqlDataReader
        Dim conn As New SqlConnection("Server= FILE-SERVER; Database = dbotest;Integrated Security = false;User ID=das;Password=0m3rP@ss")
        Dim cmd As New SqlCommand
        Dim cmdx As New SqlCommand
        Public bsData As New BindingSource

Dim scAutoComplete As New AutoCompleteStringCollection

Dim constr As String = ("Server= FILE-SERVER; Database = dbotest;Integrated Security = false;User ID=das;Password=0m3rP@ss")
        Dim conn1 As SqlConnection
        Dim dt As DataTable
        Dim a = 0

#Region "command"
        Sub autonumber()
            Dim autoID As Single
            conn.Open()

cmd = New SqlCommand("select count(*) as autonumber from t1")
            cmd.Connection = conn

objdatareader = cmd.ExecuteReader

While objdatareader.Read
                autoID = Val(objdatareader.Item("autonumber").ToString + 1)

End While
            Select Case Len(Trim(autoID))
                Case 1 : AutonumberTextBox.Text = "600" + Trim(Str(autoID))
                Case 2 : AutonumberTextBox.Text = "60" + Trim(Str(autoID))
                Case 3 : AutonumberTextBox.Text = "6" + Trim(Str(autoID))
            End Select

conn.Close()

End Sub

#End Region

Private Sub T1BindingNavigatorSaveItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles T1BindingNavigatorSaveItem.Click
            Me.Validate()
            Me.T1BindingSource.EndEdit()
            Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(Me.DbotestDataSet)

End Sub

'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'DbotestDataSet.NDR' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
            Me.NDRTableAdapter.Fill(Me.DbotestDataSet.NDR)
            'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'DbotestDataSet.t1' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
            Me.T1TableAdapter.Fill(Me.DbotestDataSet.t1)

conn1.Open()
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)
            End Using

bind.DataSource = dt

For Each d In dt.Rows
            Next
            AutonumberTextBox1.AutoCompleteCustomSource = strings
            AutonumberTextBox1.AutoCompleteSource = AutoCompleteSource.CustomSource
            AutonumberTextBox1.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.Suggest
            'TextBox1.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemcode", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            'TextBox2.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemdescription", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            'TextBox3.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "qty", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            'TextBox4.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "price", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)

AutonumberTextBox1.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "autonumber", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            LocationTextBox.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "location", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            DateTextBox1.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "date", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)

HiddenidTextBox.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "hiddenid", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)

End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            T1BindingSource.AddNew()
            autonumber()

AutonumberTextBox1.Text = AutonumberTextBox.Text

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)

End Sub

Private Sub NameTextBox_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles NameTextBox.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub HiddenidTextBox_KeyPress(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles HiddenidTextBox.KeyPress

bsData.MoveLast()
                End If

End If
        End Sub

Private Sub HiddenidTextBox_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles HiddenidTextBox.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub NDRDataGridView_CellContentClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellEventArgs) Handles NDRDataGridView.CellContentClick

End Sub

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click_1(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

End Sub

Private Sub AutonumberTextBox1_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles AutonumberTextBox1.KeyDown

If strings.Contains(AutonumberTextBox1.Text) Then

If e.Control = True Then
                    NDRDataGridView.Rows.Add()
                    HiddenidTextBox.Text = dt.Rows(a)(3).ToString
                    LocationTextBox.Text = dt.Rows(a)(4).ToString
                    DateTextBox1.Text = dt.Rows(a)(5).ToString
                    NDRDataGridView.Rows(a).Cells(2).Value = AutoidTextBox1.Text
                    NDRDataGridView.Rows(a).Cells(3).Value = HiddenidTextBox.Text
                    NDRDataGridView.Rows(a).Cells(4).Value = LocationTextBox.Text
                    NDRDataGridView.Rows(a).Cells(5).Value = DateTextBox1.Text
                    a += 1
                End If
            End If

End Sub

Private Sub AutonumberTextBox1_KeyPress(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles AutonumberTextBox1.KeyPress

End Sub

Private Sub AutonumberTextBox1_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles AutonumberTextBox1.TextChanged

End Sub
    End Class

Monday, April 15, 2019 10:03 AM
  • Alex, all the time I see you basically stepping all over mods and other general forum etiquette. Like doing peoples homework for them when it is clearly even a sticky post. In my opinion you are a terrible forum moderator, you seem to be point farming which, i dont know, does that earn you a paycheck?

Live as if you were going to die today, learn as if you were going to live forever -Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, April 15, 2019 7:11 PM
  • Hi ,

Sorry for the late reply,I have been busy yesterday,add a SuspendBinding() and ResumeBinding()

Public Class Form1
        Dim dt As DataTable
        Dim i = 0
            With DataGridView1
            End With
                conn.Open()
                dt = New DataTable()
                sda.Fill(dt)
            End Using
            bind.DataSource = dt
            For Each d In dt.Rows
            Next

TextBox1.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemcode")
            TextBox2.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemdescription", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            TextBox3.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "qty", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)
            TextBox4.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "price", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)

End Sub

Dim a = strings.IndexOf(TextBox1.Text)
                bind.SuspendBinding()
                If e.Control = True Then
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows.Add()
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(i).Cells(0).Value = TextBox1.Text
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(i).Cells(1).Value = TextBox2.Text
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(i).Cells(2).Value = TextBox3.Text
                    Me.DataGridView1.Rows(i).Cells(3).Value = TextBox4.Text
                    i += 1
                    bind.ResumeBinding()
                End If

End If

End Sub

End Class

Best Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:05 AM
  • same error 

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Hi,

my code works well,I did not bind the dataGridview1 to any data,if you bound dt,try

dt.rows.add()

instead of

datagridview1.rows.add()

Best Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:52 AM
  • HI ALEX 

thank you for your support . your codes are working but it only adding 1st row and when i try to add 2nd row from textbox it give error 

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index

i am sharing with you a example file so you will understand and can able to fix the issues 

here it is 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqjx5CNCnnObhWEzPp5W4sfCQyJn?e=weOFag

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:33 AM
  • HI ALEX 

thank you for your support . your codes are working but it only adding 1st row and when i try to add 2nd row from textbox it give error 

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

i am sharing with you a example file so you will understand and can able to fix the issues 

here it is 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqjx5CNCnnObhWEzPp5W4sfCQyJn?e=weOFag

Hi,

I see what was wrong, you are binding the data source here. So you can't use :

Datagridview1.rows.add()

You can add a new row to DataGridview1 by modifying the data source, or Unbind add columns

With NDRDataGridView
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "autonumber"})
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "hiddenid"})
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "location"})
                .Columns.Add(New DataGridViewTextBoxColumn With {.Name = "date"})
            End With

Best Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:11 AM
  • thank you alex bro 

but both datagridview is in relation and if i remove the binding then the relationship will not work 

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:25 AM
  • Hi,

You can define a data source yourself.

Dim dt As New DataTable
            dt.Columns.Add("autonumber")
            dt.Columns.Add("hiddenid")
            dt.Columns.Add("location")
            dt.Columns.Add("date")
            bind.DataSource = dt
            NDRDataGridView.DataSource = bind

use

dt.rows.add()

Best Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:17 AM
  • can u send me a sample code please . i mean where i have to enter above codes 
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:49 AM
  • i tried but error 

Private Sub AutonumberTextBox1_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles AutonumberTextBox1.KeyDown

Dim dt As New DataTable

dt.Columns.Add("AutoidRLabel")
            dt.Columns.Add("AutoidLabel1")
            dt.Columns.Add("date")
            bind.DataSource = dt

Dim a = strings.IndexOf(AutonumberTextBox1.Text)
                bind.SuspendBinding()
                LocationTextBox.Text = dt.Rows(a)(2).ToString

If e.Control = True Then

dt.Rows.Add()
                    Me.NDRDataGridView.Rows(i).Cells(2).Value = AutonumberTextBox1.Text
                    Me.NDRDataGridView.Rows(i).Cells(4).Value = LocationTextBox.Text
                    Me.NDRDataGridView.Rows(i).Cells(3).Value = HiddenidTextBox.Text
                    Me.NDRDataGridView.Rows(i).Cells(5).Value = DateTextBox1.Text
                    i += 1
                    bind.ResumeBinding()
                End If

End If
        End Sub

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:57 AM
  • Hi,

Imports System.Data.SqlClient Public Class Form1 Dim constr As String = " Data Source=.\;Initial Catalog=alexDB;User Id=xx;Password=xx;" Dim conn As SqlConnection Dim sda As SqlDataAdapter Dim dt As New DataTable Dim dt2 As New DataTable Dim bind As New BindingSource Dim strings As AutoCompleteStringCollection = New AutoCompleteStringCollection() Dim i = 0 Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Dim bind2 As New BindingSource dt2.Columns.Add("autonumber") dt2.Columns.Add("hiddenid") dt2.Columns.Add("location") dt2.Columns.Add("date") bind2.DataSource = dt2 DataGridView1.DataSource = bind2 Using conn = New SqlConnection(constr) conn.Open() sda = New SqlDataAdapter("Select * From invoice", conn) sda.Fill(dt) End Using bind.DataSource = dt For Each d In dt.Rows strings.Add(d(0).ToString) Next TextBox1.AutoCompleteCustomSource = strings TextBox1.AutoCompleteSource = AutoCompleteSource.CustomSource TextBox1.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.Suggest TextBox1.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemcode", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged) TextBox2.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "itemdescription", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged) TextBox3.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "qty", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged) TextBox4.DataBindings.Add("Text", bind, "price", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged) End Sub Private Sub TextBox1_KeyDown(sender As Object, e As KeyEventArgs) Handles TextBox1.KeyDown If strings.Contains(TextBox1.Text) Then Dim a = strings.IndexOf(TextBox1.Text) bind.SuspendBinding() TextBox2.Text = dt.Rows(a)(1).ToString TextBox3.Text = dt.Rows(a)(2).ToString TextBox4.Text = dt.Rows(a)(3).ToString If e.Control = True Then dt2.Rows.Add() Me.DataGridView1.Rows(i).Cells(0).Value = TextBox1.Text Me.DataGridView1.Rows(i).Cells(1).Value = TextBox2.Text Me.DataGridView1.Rows(i).Cells(2).Value = TextBox3.Text Me.DataGridView1.Rows(i).Cells(3).Value = TextBox4.Text i += 1

bind.ResumeBinding() End If End If End Sub End Class

Best Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:43 PM
  • i tried but error 

Dim dt As New DataTable

dt.Columns.Add("AutoidRLabel")
            dt.Columns.Add("AutoidLabel1")
            dt.Columns.Add("date")
            bind.DataSource = dt

Dim a = strings.IndexOf(AutonumberTextBox1.Text)
                bind.SuspendBinding()
                LocationTextBox.Text = dt.Rows(a)(2).ToString

If e.Control = True Then

dt.Rows.Add()
                    Me.NDRDataGridView.Rows(i).Cells(2).Value = AutonumberTextBox1.Text
                    Me.NDRDataGridView.Rows(i).Cells(4).Value = LocationTextBox.Text
                    Me.NDRDataGridView.Rows(i).Cells(3).Value = HiddenidTextBox.Text
                    Me.NDRDataGridView.Rows(i).Cells(5).Value = DateTextBox1.Text
                    i += 1
                    bind.ResumeBinding()
                End If

End If
        End Sub

where is the error?

Best Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:51 PM
  • its giving error leave it u really helped me alot alex and i learn alot from you

can you share with me anything that can help me to learn and work with relationship between 2 tables and also in which i can add data ...... something like making invoice with invoice number, customer details and a way to enter items and at the end total price.  something like POS 

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:54 PM
  • Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:04 PM
  • Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Which line of code?

Best Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

I have added a row to the DataGridView using code below, there should be no such error.

dt.Rows.Add()

Best Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:47 PM
  • hi alex

sorry i was little busy 

i am going to test again and will update you shortly 

Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:15 AM
  • Hi alex how r u 

i made a complete example with items, customers etc to make you understand my issue you can download it from below link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqjx5CNCnnObhWIvAe1EIuvrXYev?e=IoXJUc

please run the software and use invoice2 to see the error and issue while adding textboxes in datagrid 

check invoice2

Friday, April 19, 2019 11:07 AM
  • Hi alex how r u 

i made a complete example with items, customers etc to make you understand my issue you can download it from below link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqjx5CNCnnObhWIvAe1EIuvrXYev?e=IoXJUc

please run the software and use invoice2 to see the error and issue while adding textboxes in datagrid 

check invoice2

Friday, April 19, 2019 1:17 PM
  • waiting for your reply 
    Saturday, April 20, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

I can't run your code because of the database,Where is your code error?

Best Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:09 AM
  • database file is in the zip 

you can only able to see and understand the error if you run it .. 

Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:17 PM
  • database file is in the zip 

you can only able to see and understand the error if you run it .. 

I would look at it but unable to extract from a .rar file, only can work with .zip

StackOverFlow

Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:20 PM
  • converted to zip now 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqjx5CNCnnObhWPhwgLtpiuS9toR?e=f3e9PM

Thursday, May 2, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

I can't run your code,I suggest you still create a new Thread and then describe your issue in detail.

Best Regards,

Alex

Friday, May 3, 2019 5:11 AM
  • can you please check my below script ... it not updating record not showing any error

If AccountfromTextBox.Text <> "" And AmountTextBox.Text <> "" Then

fields = "ID,accountfrom,accountto,amount"
                fvalue = IdTextBox.Text & "','" & AccountfromTextBox.Text & "','" & AccounttoTextBox.Text & "','" & AmountTextBox.Text
                query = "INSERT INTO coato (" & fields & ") VALUES ('" & fvalue & "')"
                cudfunctionNOmsg(query)

updateQuery = "UPDATE coa set amount = amount + '" & AmountTextBox.Text & "'  WHERE accountname = '" & AccounttoTextBox.Text & "'"

cudfunctionNOmsg(updateQuery)

MsgBox("The " & AccountfromTextBox.Text & " Updated.")
                'update autonumber

'Call AddNewToolStripMenuItem_Click(sender, e)
            Else

MsgBox("Fill up the correct product in the empty fields inorder to save.")

Beep()
            End If

IdTextBox.Text = ""
        End Sub

Saturday, May 4, 2019 6:35 AM
  • i solved this issue 

now i have issue here 

updateQuery = "UPDATE COA SET opening_balance = opening_balance + '" & TotalamountTextBox.Text & "'  WHERE AccountID = '" & Coa_idTextBox.Text & "'"

instead of adding opening_balance with existing, it showing new value with old 

example

if i have opening balance of any account 500 and if i made any entry of 1000 then it must be 1500 but it showing me 5001000

please help

• Marked as answer by Omi4u Monday, May 27, 2019 11:25 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Hi Omi4u,

I am glad to know that resolve the issue, if possible, could you please share your solution will beneficial to other communities who face the similar issue, for the new issue, based on forum policy, I would suggest that you could post a new thread.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:36 AM