How to scale a circular segment in a storyboard

Question

• Hello everybody, in my App I have a circular segment drawn with a combination of 2 LineSegment and 2 ArcSegment.

I would like to make it smaller keeping the same center coordinates it has.

How could I achieve such a thing? Is it a scale transformation or what?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 6:19 PM

Answers

• Put the LineSegments and 2 ArcSegments in a common control (such as it's own canvas) and scaletransform the canvas. Alternatively, you can use three different scale transforms and bind their scale amounts to each other.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by g.developer84 Thursday, July 3, 2014 7:14 PM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:46 PM

All replies

• Put the LineSegments and 2 ArcSegments in a common control (such as it's own canvas) and scaletransform the canvas. Alternatively, you can use three different scale transforms and bind their scale amounts to each other.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by g.developer84 Thursday, July 3, 2014 7:14 PM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:46 PM
  • Thanks, the first suggestion worked like a charm :)
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 7:15 PM