Porting a web site into Windows 8 app via Iframe, etc?

Question

• So I have an existing web application and it uses LiveID auth.    Is it possible to use some sort of iframe inside of HTML5 to accomplish what I need to have done on my Windows 8 app for desktop?   The web app however does a lot of work with a silverlight control, so maybe we should be redoing that control with HTML5 first off.

Essentially I am thinking of the easiest way to port my existing web based app so that it is also working on Windows 8 desktop without reworking from the ground up.

Jordan

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:35 PM

Answers

• We are probably going to want a Windows 8 desktop app and also a phone app in the end.  

I suppose I might not be super clear on the difference and why it would be one versus the other?

Thanks

Jordan

Jordan

• Marked as answer by jrmcdona Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:53 AM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Jordan,

To clarify: are you trying to port this to a Windows Store app or to a desktop app?

--Rob

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:34 PM
    Owner
  • We are probably going to want a Windows 8 desktop app and also a phone app in the end.  

I suppose I might not be super clear on the difference and why it would be one versus the other?

Thanks

Jordan

Jordan

• Marked as answer by jrmcdona Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:53 AM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:36 PM
  • We would go with a web store app since this method can cover phones, tablets, and desktops which are running Windows 8.

Thanks

Jordan

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:58 PM