none
Connected Tables date formatting wrong RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I have two documents that are connected via the following process:
    On the destination doc ("Marketing") Data /Connections/ Add / Browse for more/ select source doc ("Planning") then / Existing Connections / Double click the "Planning doc" / go to cell in destination doc that I want to link to / OK

Everything work apart from dates columns come out as code rather than date format in the destination doc. Both date columns in both documents are formatted as custom date

Can anyone help?

Dave
    Monday, February 16, 2015 8:24 AM

All replies

• "come out as code" - do you mean that you see formulas in the cells? If so, activate the Formulas tab of the ribbon and make sure that the Show Formulas button in the Formula Auditing group is NOT highlighted. Alternatively, press Ctrl+` to toggle Show Formulas off.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

Monday, February 16, 2015 3:31 PM
  • Hi,

Maybe you should change the format of the cells with a date in it.

Select the cells where you need to change the format, click right mouse, select format cells, choose format date and then choose your date format for the selected cells.

Regards

Please Vote as Helpful if an answer is helpful and/or Please mark Proposed as Answer or Mark As Answer when question is answered

Monday, February 16, 2015 7:05 PM
  • Hi Jeffrey, 

Can you explain why this had been unmarked as answer? 

Thank you in advance. 

Regards, 

Reshma 

Please Vote as Helpful if an answer is helpful and/or Please mark Proposed as Answer or Mark As Answer when question is answered

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:13 AM
  • Hi Reshma,

Your reply is very helpful and thanks for your input. I unmarked it and keep it as a proposed answer because I think we need to wait more time for the OP's confirmation.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 6, 2015 1:57 AM
  • Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your answer and explanation. Was curious why it was unmarked.

Regards,

Reshma

Friday, March 6, 2015 10:34 AM