none
Error message

Question

• I have installed Visual Basic 2015 and while attempting to create a project I continue to receive this message even after re-installing the program:

Project 'Picture View" could not be opened because the Visual Basic 2015 compiler could not be created. Pleas re-install Visual Studios.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 6:47 PM

Answers

• Problem solved. I removed the program and loaded Visual Studio 2012 Express. All is well thank you

HSeeley

• Proposed as answer by lake XiaoModerator Friday, December 25, 2015 8:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by hseeley2 Friday, December 25, 2015 5:55 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by hseeley2 Friday, December 25, 2015 5:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by hseeley2 Friday, December 25, 2015 5:56 PM
    Friday, December 25, 2015 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi hseeley2,

Thanks for your post.

Which kind of project did you create? VB  Console application, WPF application or another project template?

As far as I know. Visual Basic 2015 is integrated in Visual Studio 2015.

First make sure you have installed the Visual Basic 2015 Successfully.

You could check  the installed products in you Visual Studio. (Help->About Microsoft Visual Studio)

If you have installed the Visual Basic successfully. I suppose may be some settings affect it.

I suggest you could run the following command line in your Developer Command Prompt for Visual Studio to restore the settings of VS:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe /resetsettings

If after restore the setting. It still has the error. May be something is wrong with your Visual Studio installation .

Try to install VS2015 Update1 at first. If still no help.

In this case, you may need to uninstall your VS and install the VS2015 with following URL:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, December 25, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Problem solved. I removed the program and loaded Visual Studio 2012 Express. All is well thank you

HSeeley

• Proposed as answer by lake XiaoModerator Friday, December 25, 2015 8:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by hseeley2 Friday, December 25, 2015 5:55 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by hseeley2 Friday, December 25, 2015 5:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by hseeley2 Friday, December 25, 2015 5:56 PM
    Friday, December 25, 2015 8:45 AM
  • Hi HSeeley,

Glad to hear you have solved your problem.

If possible. Please mark your reply as the answer, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, December 25, 2015 9:00 AM