none
Populating Open XML files from custom XML data files using Open XML SDK RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to Open XML SDK.

I need to develop an application that populates Excel and Powerpoint reports in Open XML Formats by pulling data from custom XML source data files.

Also, without MS Office installation on the server.

I already have the required .xlsx / .pptx template files desinged in Office 2007 Open XML formats.

The requirement is that, the excel and powerpoint files should only be populated programatically using Open XML SDK1.0. No XML strings should be hardcoded within the application. (i.e. XML string representing docs in Open XML specifications)

I've opted for .NET Framework 3.5, C#, Open XML SDK v1.0. Since Open XML SDK v1.0 being a live version (not a CTP), I prefer to use it in my project right now.

I'd like to know whether it is feasible to create a complete solution using Open XML SDK v1.0. i.e. Creating Excel Charts and tables, Powerpoint stuffs etc. (Is there a limitation here?)

If it is feasible, Please suggest some best practices / Options available for ...

1. Reading the XML data from custom XML files and
    2. Populating the Excel / Powerpoint reports.

Also, suggest sources that provide walkthroughs / demos for this case.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:43 PM

All replies