MS Robotics Studio Full Version RRS feed

• Question

• I see that the express version of MSRDS 2008 is a free download.  Will the full version of MSRDS 2008 be a free download for those who paid for an MSDN subscription? 
    Monday, December 15, 2008 2:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• The Standard Edition of RDS is not included in MSDN. This has been requested by several customers, but at present it is sold as a separate product. I cannnot comment on what might happen in the future.

The Express Edition has most of the functionality of the Standard Edition, but does not allow redistribution. If you are a commercial organization wanting to distribute your code, you need to buy a copy of Standard Edition. However, you can probably develop your product using just the Express Edition and then switch over when you have it ready to ship. This is a good solution because you will test your code on both Editions this way.

Trevor
    • Proposed as answer by Erik Oppedijk Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:13 AM
  • Ok, thanks Trevor for the quick response.  That solution works great for me since I'm not planning on redistribution.  My main concern was comparison of functionality between the express and full versions.

RS
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:07 AM
  •  The differences have been discussed before. Please look here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/robotics/bb727194.aspx

I might make a sticky post about it.

Trevor

UPDATE:
    I have added an Announcement to the Community forum about this.
    • Marked as answer by Trevor Taylor Friday, January 2, 2009 8:25 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:06 AM